PDA

View Full Version : Parsing/conjugating practice on set texts

Nathan Lovell
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to make a custom set of flashcards that I can use for parsing/conjugation practice on the verbs in my set texts this semester at college.

What I would like is the front of the flashcards to have each verb (in each form that they occurrs in the set texts), and the back to have parsing information.

This doesn't have to be in BibleWorks flashcard format. Even if I could get a word list manager export then I have a perl-script to convert to flashcards.

I've tried several things but with no luck. Can anyone help out?

terogs
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Have you opened the gntverbs file in the flashcard module? Are you trying to do that for all of the verbs in your text?

Tom

Nathan Lovell
04-30-2007, 06:11 AM
No, not GNT verbs. I'm trying to practice my parsing/conjugating skills.

On the front of the flashcards I want every verb that appears in Deuteronomy and 1 and 2 Samuel (or at least selected passages thereof). I don't want the verbs in their lexical form - I want each verb as it appears in the text. Paragogic nuns, waw-consecutives, pronominal suffixes and everything else included.

Unlike gntverbs, I don't need all the morphological forms of each verb, I just want the ones that actually appear in the texts I'm studying.

On the back of each flashcard I want the verb parsed with both its lexical meaning and morphological form spelled out.

After trying for quite a while I'm not sure that its possible using Bibleworks. If you can help then that would be great.