PDA

View Full Version : BW7 - 'Choose Popup Display Versions' and 'PopUp' Windows Behaviour

Gaius
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello,

I have run into a couple of issues/problems with BW7...

I use the 'User Notes' editor a lot and I noticed two rather annoying problems...

Most likely, it is my ignorance of how BW7 works - I have read the available help documentation (by subject, by index, and by search) but I have not found the answer(s)...

Before bugging the Tech Support folks, I thought it might me a good idea to ask the more experienced BW7 users for advice...

I create a lot of hyper-links in my User Notes.

Currently, my 'Choose Popup Display Versions' windows has 'KJV/KJA CJB' in the 'Normal' setting and 'WTT BHT BGT' in the 'Shifted' settings.

The User Notes popup window (Gen 49:8-12, for example) displays only the KJV verse(s)in the 'Normal' mode - the CJB does not get displayed...
In the same scenatio as above, but in the 'Shifted' mode I only get Gen 49:8 (not the specified range Gen 49:8-12) - and I only get that single verse in KJV and WTT - KJV shouldn't appear in 'Shifted' mode and the BHT and BGT are missing...
What am I doing wrong...?

The second problem is that there seems to be a hard-coded limitation to display only the maximum of 5 verses (regardless of the range you may specify) in the 'Normal' mode - and only one verse in the 'Shifted' mode...

Frankly, I have a hard time believing that the team that produced this awesome product would 'introduce' such trivial 'features'...

Therefore, unless proven otherwise, I blame myself for my ignorance of using BW7 correctly...

If someone on this forum has an answer, suggestion, opinion, etc. - would you, please, share it with me...

I am using most of the Bible Study software that is available - from Logos down to relatively unknown 'one-man' efforts.

I have been searching for that one product that would combine the best features of all the products that are out there - but, so far, no luck...

But the BW7 has a great potential to become that ultimate Bible Study tool - perhaps in BW10 :)

It would be great for BW to have an API (Application Programming Interface) so that people so inclined (myself included) could and would extend the built-in features of the 'off-the-shelf' product...

Thanks to everyone who reads this message and TIA for any help or suggestions...

Gaius

Michael Hanel
04-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Ok I did a little more playing around. I would say that is a bug because the popups do work outside of the User Notes (i.e. in HTML modules). So this should be something that is fix-able.

Adelphos
04-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok I did a little more playing around. I would say that is a bug because the popups do work outside of the User Notes (i.e. in HTML modules). So this should be something that is fix-able.

I've had the same problem, and I posted it the other section as well.