PDA

View Full Version : BW 7.0: Chinese, Korean and Arabic Downloads

MBushell
04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi BW 7.0 Users,

We did not receive sufficient response for our request for people to help test the new Korean, Chinese and Arabic versions in BibleWorks, so we are going to just make a semi-public release. These files are available for free to all 7.0 users. To download them open the updater in BibleWorks 7 as usual. Then enter the accesscode "fareast" (and yes, I know Arabic is not Fareast). Just append it to whatever codes you already have (with an intervening space). Once you do that you will see the following posts:

1. AVD and AVX - new versions of the Van Dyke Arabic Bible. AVX is for Windows XP and AVD is for Vista.
2. CU5 and CU5X - The Chinese Union Bible in Big 5 Character Set format. CU5 is for Vista and CU5X is for Windows XP.
3. CUS and CUSX - The Chinese Union Bible using the "Simplified" Character Set. CUSX is the XP Versions.
4. KOR - This is a Public domain Korean Bible. Unless we have reports of problems this version will be he same on Vista and XP.
5. BibleWorks 7.0.018w - a new executable version with Chinese and Korean support.
6. A new Online Help file. Please see Chapter 18b for details on using these new versions.

You will have to add Right to Left and Far East Language support before using these versions in XP. Your version of Vista may or may not need to have this added. We run Vista Ultimate and these items are installed by default. This not true on XP. You will also need to add Keyboards to support Chinese and Korean. If you have used Chinese and Korean already on Windows you likely have done this already.

Note that this release has different support for Arabic than the release last week. This one uses the system IME just like Chinese and Korean.

Please be sure to read the new section 18b carefully before using these new versions. Report problems or suggestions here.

We are implementing this with a unique access code to protect people who do not want to mess with the new executable until it has been thoroughly tested. The changes required to support these complex languages were extensive and the possibility of introducing new bugs is real. But we will fix them as fast as we can. We hope these new versions are helpful to our Korean, Chinese and Arabic users.

Adelphos
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I've downloaded all, but I can't see the Chinese and Korean versions. They don't appear anywhere in the display version list.

I'm running XP SP2, and as far as I know, all language and keyboard support is installed.

MBushell
04-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Scott,

When the program loads all DBU files it checks to see if the locale in the DBU is supported. The only reason I can think of that they would not show up is that the Far East language support is not installed. You may also have to reboot after the Language Support is installed. Open the Regional and Language applet and see if the Far East pack is installed. Note that this is different from Hebrew and Arabic support..

Mike

Michael Hanel
04-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I did the install of East Asian languages. I don't know Korean or Chinese so I can't speak to much of its use, but the characters appear fine and so far no unusual program quirks, but I also haven't played around much to try to make it do anything demanding.

Adelphos
04-07-2007, 11:10 PM
The only reason I can think of that they would not show up is that the Far East language support is not installed.

You are correct. I thought it was installed previously because I can display Chinese in e-Sword, etc.

However, when I went to control panel and tried to enable support, it tells me it needs file x, and to insert my CD. Of course, since my computer already came with XP installed, and since I didn't get a CD, and since the required files don't appear to be anywhere on my computer, I guess I'm stuck until I buy a Vista CD or something. -:)

No big deal. I don't really need those langauges anyway.

MBushell
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
If your system came with XP installed the files may be on your hard drive somewhere.
Mike

Michael Hanel
04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
If your system came with XP installed the files may be on your hard drive somewhere.
Mike

I run XP installed and it found the files it needed on the harddrive, didn't even ask to find them or insert a CD.

Adelphos
04-08-2007, 12:01 AM

Nope. I searched my HD for the requested files, and no joy. But like I said, no big deal. As long as the Arabic works, which it does, I'm happy.

Ben Spackman
04-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I'd be more than happy to help test the Arabic, but my computer has no internet access, and these updates (as I've posted before (http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2399)) aren't on the download page. So, I just don't have access to them.

hyee
04-09-2007, 11:04 PM
When I installed the new Chinese upsate to my Chinese Xp, it did not show up anything. Could someone help me
thanks

EdMellott
04-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Instructions for installation of support for Far Eastern languages (as well as the right-to-left support, required for the Arabic Bible) can be found in the following Customer Support FAQ.

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2393

In that posting I added the step of inserting the Windows XP installation CD into the drive because some, like myself, may have left these options unchecked at the time of upgrading to Windows XP.

I found that if I was prompted by the system to insert the CD to find the files needed, I was also required to point to the folder where the file would be found. I cancelled out of that and started the process again with the CD already in the drive. With the CD already in the drive, it found the file it needed automatically, without user intervention. If you are sure that all of the files are already on the PC (such as those cases where Windows XP was already installed on the PC when it was purchased,) then inserting the CD can be skipped.

Last updated: EM/April 10, 2007

Michael Hanel
04-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I found a bug that seems to be related to the new update. I have done all the proper upgrades except I have not added Chinese or whatever keyboards, however all the fonts appear correctly, etc with the regular East Asian support.

What happens is when I am in BGT, I right click on a word and bring up the Lexicon browser. Sometimes the command line on the lexicon browser works (usually at first), but then it changes and instead of typing in greek, it only shows Latin letters and it is in a superscript format, taking the upper part of the cursor. Also a green box is flashing in the top right corner of the lexicon browser command line when this is happening.

MBushell
04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Michael,
This is fixed now (I hope). Let me know if you have other problems.
Thanks,
Mike

Adelphos
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
HP wanted me to uninstall IE 7 and revert back to IE 6 to enable me to add Far East support. I told them no, they needed to come up with a better solution. After a few back and forths, here is what I received from them just now --

"You can search for the xjis.nls file in the PC and see if that exists. If it is there in the PC, please check the location of the file and then give the same path while installing the language pack. If you are unable to find the File, then you need to go to any Windows XP PC and search for the file and copy it to a Thumb drive and then use the same file in your PC."

I already knew I needed this file, but I thought HP could just email the file to me, but apparently that would be too easy.

So...

if anyone wants to email me this file, I'd appreciate it. Email it to --

comments at lamblion.net

Thanks.

Michael Hanel
04-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Michael,
This is fixed now (I hope). Let me know if you have other problems.
Thanks,
Mike

Works great now.

And Scott, I emailed you the file, let me know if it works out.

Adelphos
04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
And Scott, I emailed you the file, let me know if it works out.

Thanks, Michael.

And thanks, Mike and Michael, and the rest of the BW staff. The Far East languages look great in BW. 'Course, I can't read them, but they do look great!

Michael Hanel
04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I imagine that there is some correlation between the following and the fact that I have been adding so many versions, user modules, etc., but the BW startup time seems to be dramatically slower than it was a few months ago. I'm guessing there isn't much that can be done about that. Or is that incorrect to say that versions and modules slow down the BW startup?

Adelphos
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I imagine that there is some correlation between the following and the fact that I have been adding so many versions, user modules, etc., but the BW startup time seems to be dramatically slower than it was a few months ago. I'm guessing there isn't much that can be done about that. Or is that incorrect to say that versions and modules slow down the BW startup?

I'm up to date on all updates and I don't notice any degradation of speed.

Of course, the first time BW is run, it takes longer to load than on any following instances, but that load time appears to be the same as it always was as well.

Michael Hanel
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm up to date on all updates and I don't notice any degradation of speed.

Of course, the first time BW is run, it takes longer to load than on any following instances, but that load time appears to be the same as it always was as well.

Well perhaps it's just all the other programs that are running in the background. There never is a time when BW is the only program I have open.

MBushell
04-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Michael,

It definitely does take longer to load when the number of versions increases. Some info is preloaded for each version when the program starts. But I haven't noticed any huge differences. You could try defragmenting your disk. A full disk that is badly fragmented can make a big difference. If we get more reports of slow load time, we'll try to do some work on it. If you are running Vista there are known and serious problems with disk IO. It is often so slow you think the system is hung.

Mike

Mark Eddy
04-14-2007, 12:19 PM
If WTT is the search version in the main browse window, I cannot make KOR (or the Chinese Bibles) the search version in a secondary browse window (which I always use to work on verse map files). The search version in the secondary window reverts to WTT as soon as I try to scroll or switch to browse mode. If, however I do get a Chinese version to be the search version in the secondary browse window (by first changing the search version in the main window), it automatically becomes the font in the editor, which I don't want.

Whenever the Chinese versions have two verses mapped together, the second verse is highlighted (in black), making it hard to read the characters. Otherwise I've made good progress toward providing verse map files for all the new versions.

Mark Eddy

Adelphos
04-14-2007, 02:31 PM
With the latest update, the font size in Arabic no longer works.

That is, when I open the .dbu files and change the font size, it has zero effect.

And there is no way to revert back to a previous version of W.

jopark74
04-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I have received the KOR bible update to my BW7.
But I do not see the new version on my BW.
I am using the Korean Windows XP OS. Does anyone of you Senior members have a solution to my problem? Thanks in advance!

Joseph Park
THM Candidate
Dallas Theological Seminary

kimuspr
04-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello,
I have several Korean versions (now searchable) as BW's add-on.
I don't have any problem with the KOR and the others installed and I am utilizing Windows XP in English as OS.

God bless.
Ronen Kim,

lli4g
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for posting the Chinese Union versions in BW. In the past I used e-sword in addition to BW simply because e-sword has the Chinese bible. Now I basically have no need for e-sword.

The default font for CU5X doesn't look nice (on my XP SP2 with IE7). How do I change the font or at least the font size? When I go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts, it only has options for Vietnamese fonts but not Chinese.

But in any case, thanks so much for your effort.

In Him,

Leonard Li
www.sbecc.org (http://www.sbecc.org)
Palos Verdes, CA

Michael Hanel
04-15-2007, 06:49 PM
The default font for CU5X doesn't look nice (on my XP SP2 with IE7). How do I change the font or at least the font size? When I go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts, it only has options for Vietnamese fonts but not Chinese.

But in any case, thanks so much for your effort.

In Him,

Leonard Li
www.sbecc.org (http://www.sbecc.org)
Palos Verdes, CA

try this thread (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448).

hudsonhauck
04-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for posting the Chinese Union versions in BW. In the past I used e-sword in addition to BW simply because e-sword has the Chinese bible. Now I basically have no need for e-sword.

Ditto! Much thanks for adding in the Chinese versions! Woohoo!

Adelphos
04-18-2007, 07:58 PM
With the latest update, my View Popup versions doesn't work properly. To wit: I have KJV/NRS WTT SCR as the setting.

When I hover over verses, only the KJV shows up.

kissdei
04-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I donwloaded the Korean version but I can't find Korean in the "choose display version."

I am using windows XP Engshing version and I already installed the Far East language support pack.

Where should I go to find 'my language' to come up?

benfung
04-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi! I am a THM student and my mother tongue is Cantonese (familiar with the Chinese Big5). I can't see the Chinese version Bible after installing your new version. I am using the Windows XP version and I have already installed the files of East Asian languages (through activitating the relevant button in the 'Regional and Language option' under 'Control Panel' ) and have restarted my computer afterwards but the Chinese Bible (CU) still did not show up in my Bibleworks 7. Please advise how I should handle the case.

Benjamin

Hi BW 7.0 Users,

We did not receive sufficient response for our request for people to help test the new Korean, Chinese and Arabic versions in BibleWorks, so we are going to just make a semi-public release. These files are available for free to all 7.0 users. To download them open the updater in BibleWorks 7 as usual. Then enter the accesscode "fareast" (and yes, I know Arabic is not Fareast). Just append it to whatever codes you already have (with an intervening space). Once you do that you will see the following posts:

1. AVD and AVX - new versions of the Van Dyke Arabic Bible. AVX is for Windows XP and AVD is for Vista.
2. CU5 and CU5X - The Chinese Union Bible in Big 5 Character Set format. CU5 is for Vista and CU5X is for Windows XP.
3. CUS and CUSX - The Chinese Union Bible using the "Simplified" Character Set. CUSX is the XP Versions.
4. KOR - This is a Public domain Korean Bible. Unless we have reports of problems this version will be he same on Vista and XP.
5. BibleWorks 7.0.018w - a new executable version with Chinese and Korean support.
6. A new Online Help file. Please see Chapter 18b for details on using these new versions.

You will have to add Right to Left and Far East Language support before using these versions in XP. Your version of Vista may or may not need to have this added. We run Vista Ultimate and these items are installed by default. This not true on XP. You will also need to add Keyboards to support Chinese and Korean. If you have used Chinese and Korean already on Windows you likely have done this already.

Note that this release has different support for Arabic than the release last week. This one uses the system IME just like Chinese and Korean.

Please be sure to read the new section 18b carefully before using these new versions. Report problems or suggestions here.

We are implementing this with a unique access code to protect people who do not want to mess with the new executable until it has been thoroughly tested. The changes required to support these complex languages were extensive and the possibility of introducing new bugs is real. But we will fix them as fast as we can. We hope these new versions are helpful to our Korean, Chinese and Arabic users.

MBushell
04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi Benjamin,

Do you not see it at all? Or is the font just incorrect? What happens if you type CU5 or CU5X on the command line? If you don't get an answer here contact support@bibleworks.com.

The Chinese versions were built with a particular locale and that locale has to be available on your machine. You can edit the cu5.dbu file to change the locale if you need to. The default is Chinese_Taiwan.950 and Chinese_Singapore.936 for CU5X and CUSX (for XP) but you could try just the word "chinese". If you can't get it to work contact support@bibleworks.com.

Mike

dnns
04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I have already sent in this problem to the tech support. I thought I put it up here for you to try other language versions to see other languages have the same problem.

When I put Matt 5:1-20 in the command line, this is what comes up (see screen1). And when I put Matt 5:10-30, now verse 10 is clear of color but the remainder of the text is in various color (see screen2).

It is only when I disable the data color, the colors go away. However, I never added any color to any of those verses in the first place.

It seems like it always happens on verse 10 and beyond. And it occurs when I choose to display more than one verse. The first verse displayed within the specified scriptural range is always clear of any color.

Prior to BW official chinese version release, I had already made my own chinese version by putting it under Locale:Vietnamese, and changed the vietnamese font to chinese font. That worked for me. But the only problem is that some chinese characters were split in half and became unreadable. But it didn't have the problem described above. Now, I put my chinese version under this new created locale Chinese_Taiwan. BW no longer splits the chinese characters in half anymore. However, my own version now has the same display problem as described above.

Could something be wrong with the locale field? Both CU5X and CUSX has the same problem too.

Dennis

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=324&stc=1&d=1177505253

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=325&stc=1&d=1177505259

MBushell
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Dennis,

I turned off colors for double-byte versions (Chinese, Korean and Arabic) until we can get time to look at this. You can grab the latest exe at your convenience.

Mike

landuk
05-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Can I use it in version 6?

Mark Eddy
05-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Can I use it in version 6?
No, these version use unicode fonts, which are not supported in BW 6.
Sorry, but there are lots of good features in BW 7, so you might want to upgrade now, especially if you can really use these new versions.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy

Ben Spackman
05-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Is there a way to change the Arabic font size?

Michael Hanel
05-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Is there a way to change the Arabic font size?

Will this link (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448&highlight=arabic+font+size) help?

Ben Spackman
05-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Perfect! My home PC hasn't been connected to the internet for sometime, and I now have a Macbook running parallels. I finally get to play with some Arabic!

jchan
05-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Dear Mr. Bushnell,

Thanks for bringing Chinese Bible to BW :). This will be so useful to the large number of Chinese speaking churches.

Not to appear too greedy, is there any chance of getting NCV (New Chinese Version) into BW too? It is available currently online through Sword Project. The copyright belongs to Worldwide Bible Society, Ltd.

Thanks again for a great job.
John Chan

MBushell
05-22-2007, 08:44 AM
John,
We'll check into it.
Mike

jchan
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Hello, Mr. Bushnell,

Why is "Right to Left" needed for the Chinese version? "Thai" is listed in the "Right to Left" languages, but not other Asian languages such as "Chinese".

In my experience, on one PC with both "Right to Left" and "Asian Languages" turned on, the Chinese version works. On another PC with only "Asian Languages" turned on, the downloaded Chinese version does not appear in Bibleworks (although Chinese works fine in other programs). Is it because Bibleworks requires the "Right to Left" switch to be on for Chinese to work?

Another matter, in Help notes 18b, the term was typed wrong as "2. Left to Right and Far Eastern Languages Support".

John Chan

Joseph Choueiri
07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Hi im sorry i'm kind of a newbie at BW7 and i cant find where the arabic is or how to diaplay it. iupdated BW7 to have the arabic and i have the East language support but i cant flocate where the Van dyke version of the bible is. can you please help....

Mark Eddy
07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
In order to get the Arabic version, you need to download it. In BW7 click on "Help" then click on "BibleWorks on the Internet" then "Check for Updates." You'll see a list of all the updates that you have not yet downloaded. Scroll down until you see "Van Dyke Arabic Bible." Be sure you check the correct version (there are different files for Window XP and for Vista). You will also need the latest "rev1_exe_release ..." file and the "rev1_fonts_ ..." updates. After checking these updates, click "Apply selected updates" and let BW download the files. After the files are downloaded you will be prompted to restart BibleWorks. After you restart BW you should find either AVX or AVD in your list of versions. If you still can't read the Arabic, you may also have to delete the bw fonts in the windows fonts directory and in their place install the bw fonts which will be located in the main BW folder.
Gd bless your use of this Bible.
Mark Eddy

jopark74
07-10-2007, 02:40 AM
I had experienced problems with BW7 NOT showing the KOR version on my Korean Windows XP. This problem has been solved by installing the "complex languages" in the control panel's language settings.
Thank you BW for making the Korean bible available to me. :)

ericts
07-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello, Mr. Bushnell,

Why is "Right to Left" needed for the Chinese version? "Thai" is listed in the "Right to Left" languages, but not other Asian languages such as "Chinese".

In my experience, on one PC with both "Right to Left" and "Asian Languages" turned on, the Chinese version works. On another PC with only "Asian Languages" turned on, the downloaded Chinese version does not appear in Bibleworks (although Chinese works fine in other programs). Is it because Bibleworks requires the "Right to Left" switch to be on for Chinese to work?

Another matter, in Help notes 18b, the term was typed wrong as "2. Left to Right and Far Eastern Languages Support".

John Chan

Greetings!

First, my appreciation to all the staffs at BibleWorks for their dedication in making this great software for us Theological Students. Especially including the Arabic, Chinese and Korean Bibles. Keep up the good work!

Second, I agree with John Chan that it was kind of odd to have both "Right to Left" and "East Asian Languages" installed to see the Chinese Bible. Normally just the "East Asian Languages" should be enough. Anyway, ultimately it works at the end and I can see the Chinese text. Thanks for solving this in the forum. :D

Eric Ling

Dina
07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I am not aible to see the Arabic in the BW.
When I select the Arabic van Dyke Xp to download, all seems fine, BW restarts- but then nothing :confused:
What should I do in order to use Arabic ??
Thanks for the response

Clementtai
10-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I am still using WindowsME. WIll this update work?

Clement

hhhwch57
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I just installed BW7 last week, so I have little knowledge on how to use it. So, please pardon if I ask some really basic question.

My current problem is that I cannot see the chinese bible I just downloaded from the web. I downloaded all 4 files, and the program seemed to have finished the copying. But when I reopen the BW7, I still could not see the chinese on my dropdown list.

I am using XP, and I have been typing both traditional and simplified chinese for a while now. I checked the language installation option under window, and it seems that I have both far east language and right-to-left installed.

btw, I tried downloading the chinese bible a second time, but the program seemed to run into some problems during copying/installation. It gave me a blank dialog box. I had to use task manager to shut it down manually.

Another thing, I did not see a place to put in the access code when I downloaded the files. I assume that requirement has been removed, because I had no problem in downloading.

Please help.

Thanks,

Haohsin

Mark Eddy
10-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I just installed BW7 last week, so I have little knowledge on how to use it. So, please pardon if I ask some really basic question.
I am going to ask you some questions, so that you might find the answers to your questions.

My current problem is that I cannot see the chinese bible I just downloaded from the web. I downloaded all 4 files, and the program seemed to have finished the copying. But when I reopen the BW7, I still could not see the chinese on my dropdown list.
1. Before you downloaded the CUV files, did you download the latest ".exe" patch? If you did not first download the patch named "rev1_exe_release70..." file, then your copy of BibleWorks will not be able to recognize the new versions.

I am using XP, and I have been typing both traditional and simplified chinese for a while now. I checked the language installation option under window, and it seems that I have both far east language and right-to-left installed.

btw, I tried downloading the chinese bible a second time, but the program seemed to run into some problems during copying/installation. It gave me a blank dialog box. I had to use task manager to shut it down manually.
2. Since you are using Windows XP, did you download the files for CUSX and CU5X? Those are the files for XP. The files CUS and CU5 are for the newer Vista operating system. If you downloaded the CUS and CU5 files, they will not work on Windows XP.

Another thing, I did not see a place to put in the access code when I downloaded the files. I assume that requirement has been removed, because I had no problem in downloading.

3. There is no need for an access code for the Chinese versions, since there is no added cost to you to use them. They are a free upgrade from the CD version of BibleWorks 7.
Mark Eddy

hhhwch57
10-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompt response and great help. I did not know about the exe file, that was the reason it did not work. I just downloaded and installed the latest version, and I can see all the Chinese versions now.

GB,

Haohsin

dsoemarko
10-29-2007, 01:18 AM
I downloaded the Chinese database yesterday, and it worked great!

The only thing is I can't seem to change the font. I can change the size, but regardless of what font I selected, it always display the same.

Mark Eddy
10-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Why would you want to change the font for the Chinese Bible? As far as I know the only font BW uses for Chinese is MingLiU. At least that is the only Chinese font that I have in Windows, and it appears to work fine. But I have not yet learned the fine points of Chinese characters, so what do I know?
Mark Eddy

landuk
12-22-2007, 07:26 PM
hi

I am sung wook in south korea.

I have good materials of bible in korean.

How can I insert them in BW7?

michael25680
12-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi, I had just downloaded the arabic version and it's working. I can see the arabic version active and when I go to the command line and change to arabic from the windows language bar, it keeps changing it back to English and I can't type more than one letter at a time and it comes back to English. That even when I click on the language bar at the bottom to change to arabic it changes and return back to English so fast.

How do I fix this? knowing that I want to search for words and phrases not letters :)

Thanks

Michael

Mark Eddy
12-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi, I had just downloaded the arabic version and it's working. I can see the arabic version active and when I go to the command line and change to arabic from the windows language bar, it keeps changing it back to English and I can't type more than one letter at a time and it comes back to English. That even when I click on the language bar at the bottom to change to arabic it changes and return back to English so fast.

How do I fix this? knowing that I want to search for words and phrases not letters :)

Thanks

Michael
The problem may not be with the Arabic version but a bug in the program. To test this out, try searching on a word in another non-English version, and see if the search version switches back to English again. On my computer when I have a secondary browse window open after changing search versions twice I cannot switch to a third search version. Instead it automatically reverts to the second search version. I notified the programmers of this problem some weeks ago.
You may also try closing down BibleWorks and restarting it. Make the Arabic your search version and see if the problem continues.
If this doesn't eliminate the problem, perhaps someone can come up with some other ideas. But the Arabic version seems to work fine on my computer.
Mark Eddy

Mark Eddy
12-26-2007, 08:26 PM
hi

I have good materials of bible in korean.

How can I insert them in BW7?
If you want to create a user database see BW online Help chapter 38 "Compiling Version Databases." It should explain everything you have to do to compile your version. If you have any questions about the process, write back.
Mark Eddy

maninlove
01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
The name of Ruth in OT, and epistles of John in NT of Korean Bible are different from other Bibleworks version.
I hope you fix it as soon as possible.

D Hsu
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I am definitely grateful to have the Union version in BW. Does anyone know that apart from the New Chinese Version (NCV), is the very literal "Lu Zhenzhong" version available on BW? I was under the impression that the Lu version is public domain. Can anyone help

D Hsu
Houston

Kenneths
03-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Is there any Chinese Bible for Windows 2000?

iami1225
03-22-2008, 02:11 AM
[quote=MBushell;10703]Hi BW 7.0 Users,
my biblework is 7.0 version and i update the cux version and apply to my software,but it show nothing about chinese bible version in my vesion viewer ,where i can find it...
PS:i already set the language and region setting ..

Mark Eddy
03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi BW 7.0 Users,
my biblework is 7.0 version and i update the cux version and apply to my software,but it show nothing about chinese bible version in my version viewer ,where i can find it...
PS:i already set the language and region setting ..
Are you running Windows XP or Vista?
If you are running XP, you needed to download CUSX or CU5X.
CUS and CU5 are for Vista only. If you downloaded the wrong database, it will not work on your computer.
In order to see if you downloaded the correct version, at the top of the browse window you can click on the arrow to the right of the little window where the search version abbreviation is displayed (for example: BGT). A dropdown list will show all the versions which you have installed. Look to see if CUS, CU5, CUSX or CU5X is there.
Mark Eddy

pa425804
04-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi, I just bought a new machine and it's running on Vista 32-bit. I installed BW 7.0 uneventfully. Then I did the updates, and apparently, it downloaded all the files successfully, but when it's trying to install them, it failed on certain items (couldn't remember which, but it said something like could not find certain files). And then at one point, the updating process crashed, the same happened on the next few tries. The other thing is, I've downloaded the Chinese bibles (CU5 & CUS) and I "believed" they were installed successfully (as I could no longer find these updates), but in the program, I don't see them in the version dropdown list. Any help is appreciated.

arthur
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
When I installed the new Chinese upsate to my Chinese Xp, it did not show up anything. Could someone help me
thanks

Hi Hyee,

you can go to control panel ad clik date time, language and regional option, then choose regional and language option, after that pick 'install files for compleks script and right to left language (include thai)', if success you need to restart and then your chinese bible in bible works can be use.

May God Bless your ministry to serve Him for His Glory
Arthur Surjadi Lin

Mark Eddy
04-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi, I just bought a new machine and it's running on Vista 32-bit. I installed BW 7.0 uneventfully. Then I did the updates, and apparently, it downloaded all the files successfully, but when it's trying to install them, it failed on certain items (couldn't remember which, but it said something like could not find certain files). And then at one point, the updating process crashed, the same happened on the next few tries. The other thing is, I've downloaded the Chinese bibles (CU5 & CUS) and I "believed" they were installed successfully (as I could no longer find these updates), but in the program, I don't see them in the version dropdown list. Any help is appreciated.
At one time we had to download just the executable update first, before BW could handle the rest of the downloaded updates.
So, if you are still having trouble, I would
1) delete BW7, 2) reinstall BW7, then 3) download just the BibleWorks executable patch (currently rev1_exe_release_7019e), and then after BW restarts 4) download the rest of the patches.
Or, to save download time, using "My Computer" before delting BW you could locate the BibleWorks 7 "applied" patches folder, save it somewhere outside of the BW7 folder, and after doing steps 1-3 above, paste the full applied patches folder back into the BW7 patches folder, then do step 4, but be sure that on the "Install Updates" window you check the "Options" "Show downloaded patches" and check all of them (except the 3 patches for XP Arabic and Chinese versions). This will not actually download the patches, but will apply the patches from your saved file.
I hope this helps.
Mark Eddy

Nicanor
12-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Dear all,

I use Vista Home Basic and BW7 and I have CU5 & CUS successfully installed. I set CU5 as the seach version and typed Chinese in the search command line but BW7 recognized the Chinese as strange codes and says:

The following word or form cannot be found in the current search version:
(strange codes)

I can see the Chinese characters in the command line.

Can you tell me how to resolve this problem?

Nicanor

Mark Eddy
12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
BibleWorks 7 can display Unicode fonts, but it does not use Unicode internally. So, you can search the Chinese versions by right-clicking on a word or phrase and searching for it, but you cannot search by typing those characters on the command line, because the BibleWorks 7 search engine does not recognize the Unicode character map. Sorry.
I use Windows XP, not Vista, but BW8 also does not handle Chinese charcters typed onto the command line for me. At least I have not been able to figure out the proper keystrokes to get Chinese characters to display, even using the PRC Chinese settings for Windows. So you can do something in Vista which I cannot do in XP.

Mark Eddy

Nicanor
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Dear Mark,

I tried to search by right clicking word/phrase in CU5 but BW7 still read my search as strange codes and the same error message appeared.:confused:

I used XP before and I could search CU5X in BW7 by typing Chinese in the command line without any problems. Although I can use online Chinese bible to do the same thing, I'm still disappointed that I can't search Chinese bible in BW7.

David

jojo1234
01-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Hi BW 7.0 Users,

thanksssssssssssssssssssss