PDA

View Full Version : Report Generator -- Eliminating Link Coding



onefear
04-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I would like to generate a report on a passage that includes lexicon entries and to export the report to Microsoft Word. The report will be used only as a hardcopy, so I would prefer that the hyperlinked verse references in the lexicon entries be stripped of their linking coding.

I unchecked Export Formatting to Clipboard and Editor in the Export Options Flag, but to no avail. Here's what a pasted entry from the report generator looks like:

BDB 12 אַבְדָ֑ן (Hebrew) (page 2) (Strong 12, 13)
† אַבְדָ֑ן, & אָבְדַן (cstr.) n.[m.] destruction (Syr. À’abdonoÀ) Est 9:5 <BwRef('WTT_EST 9:5')> (מַכַּת־חֶרֶב וְהֶרֶג וְא׳), 8:6 <BwRef('WTT_EST 8:6')>; (on form v. BeRy; Ol:§ 215 b. 1 Ba:NB 49, 487).


So, I want Est. 9:5 to appear in unformatted text and without the "<BwRef('WTT_EST 9:5')>. Is there an easy way to do this either in BibleWorks or in Word? Perhaps a "view" setting in Word? Thanks for your help.

Clay Johnson

Michael Hanel
04-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Add this macro to Word. Let me know if it doesn't work for you:

Sub Remove_BWRef()
'
' Remove_BWRef Macro
' Macro recorded 4/4/2007 by Michael Hanel
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = " \<BwRef*\)\>"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.SmallScroll Down:=-2
End Sub

onefear
04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
It worked perfectly once I figured out a little about Word macros. (At first I saved it in the wrong place and every document went a little crazy). Thanks much!

Clay

Michael Hanel
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
It worked perfectly once I figured out a little about Word macros. (At first I saved it in the wrong place and every document went a little crazy). Thanks much!

Clay

best to keep back up copies of whatever you're working with just in case it does something unintended, but I'm glad it seems to have worked.