PDA

View Full Version : BW 7.0: Executable Update 7.0.018n

MBushell
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.018n)
Date: 03/30/07 at 21:13:12

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable. Fixes some more problems caused by the changes made to support Arabic.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

Adelphos
03-30-2007, 11:23 PM
After putting BW through its paces, I have had no problems with this latest update. The crashes that were appearing in the earlier versions are no longer occuring.

MBushell
03-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks Scott for letting me know. This one was a real bear. It took a couple of days to find it (I hope I did) because it was not reproducible on my machine.
Mike

MEJ Buijs
03-31-2007, 08:00 AM
I managed to get the 18n update and it seems to work perfectly. The strange thing is, earlier on BW would be forced to shut down whenever I went to the update window, even before I could check the boxes for the right updates! Somehow that didn't happen this time, and though I have no clue why, I'm all the happier for it!

Once again, thanks to the BW staff for thinking of us silly billies who've gone and jumped on the Vista bandwagon already. We *do* appreciate it.

Eric
03-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I just installed this update and it appears to have fixed the problems. My crashes were random but happened most often when I went into the synopsis tool. I tried going into this tool several times with this update and NO crashes!

Thanks to the quick work of the BW staff.

As a side note, I think I can speak for a number of BW users when I say that we appreciate the additions that you make to the program online. I for one am very willing to put up with any bugs that might make their way into the program, knowing that you work so hard to fix them the very few times that they occur. Your response to these is so quick that perhaps many do not even know these bugs happened.

BW is simply the best and that is because of the BW staff. Thanks!

Adelphos
03-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I just installed this update and it appears to have fixed the problems. My crashes were random but happened most often when I went into the synopsis tool.

FWIW, my crashes also happened most often after I went into the synopsis tool. They are not occuring in the present update, however.

David O'Dowd
03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
FWIW also: when Bibleworks 7 crashed I had been using the synopsis tool as well. So far 18n.1 seems fine.

Thanks for such a great study tool and your continous labors.

Adelphos
04-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Just to add to what I and others have already noted, I have been using BW in this latest release relentlessly; the synopsis tool, the maps, the GSE -- the works -- and I have yet to experience a single crash. That's with and without the Arabic displayed, along with Hebrew, Greek, and so on.

Whatever you guys did to stabilize this version, it worked big time.

Harold6
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I join the chorus! This update seems to have fixed the problems I had with random crashes also! Thank you for your great work and dedication!

mnaah
04-02-2007, 04:12 AM
hey everyone...sorry to bring a sour note...a couple of thing that i've noticed in the new 018n version:
1. the problem with multiple verses and the resource summary window finding the root word is back...but only when the verse range inputted exceeds the verse range of the chapter (i.e. inputting 'Jn 4 49-59') - the verses finish at 54 as they should, but it brings back the referencing issue.
2. i've had a number of srceen refreshing issues that until now had seemed to be fixed as of an update a couple of weeks ago...they're mostly on the laptop (don't know if that makes a difference) and tends to occur after using the parallel versions window and then going back to the main interface

Something else that's very minor: in the word analysis tab of the resource window, the Louw-Nida entry for the relative pronoun for the second particular use: 2) o[ evstin ....

I can't decide whether I feel more like a old whinger or a beta-tester :rolleyes:. That said, this program is awesome and i've been really thankful for your commitment to updates and issues.

Peace.

Michael Hanel
04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
2. i've had a number of srceen refreshing issues that until now had seemed to be fixed as of an update a couple of weeks ago...they're mostly on the laptop (don't know if that makes a difference) and tends to occur after using the parallel versions window and then going back to the main interface

I've had issues with screen refreshing on my laptop as well. The problem has been tracking down what causes this because the BW staff are unable to reproduce this error. So if you ever are able to put together a way to reproduce the error every time, let them know, that might help fixing it. So far version n has run a lot smoother for me however and I have yet to experience any problems (of course I haven't been working on it too much since it was the weekend :cool:

MWMiles
04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
This version of the executable has proven to be much better than the J version was under Vista.

Thank you kindly for your successful efforts in eradicating the code mites and ticks that were impinging upon the usefullness of BibleWorks. Your hard work is appreciated.

MWMiles
04-03-2007, 07:45 PM
This version of the executable has proven to be much better than the J version was under Vista.

Thank you kindly for your successful efforts in eradicating the code mites and ticks that were impinging upon the usefullness of BibleWorks. Your hard work is appreciated.

Spoke too soon.... I went ahead and opened BibleWorks from the desktop icon and tried the web update and got the "crash menu" again. This is with the N executable running in either Administrator or standard user mode. It woirked fine a while ago...