PDA

View Full Version : BW 7.0: Program Update 7.0.018j

MBushell
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Update: BibleWorks Executable (7.018j)
Date: 03/23/07 at 12:59:47

This patch contains the latest BibleWorks 7.0 program executable. Fixes a Hebrew display problem caused by recent changes in support of Arabic.

This is a NOT a preview version. No access code is needed to download this patch.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

rrocs
03-23-2007, 04:33 PM
After applying this update and restarting the programme, it has given a lot of error messages the kind of "n n; ny; n n...." and starts from the first day.

What should I do to start with my previous configurations?

Thanks,

Adelphos
03-23-2007, 05:11 PM
What should I do to start with my previous configurations?

Hold down the shift key while you are starting BW and you should be presented with some options.

Mike, the Strong's searches are still not working in this latest release. The problem is with the NOT operator.

.!mary@3137
.mary@!3137
.!man@444

et cetera.

jim.dvorak
03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
After installing the latest update (7.0.018j.1 ??) I noticed that on a text I've been studying (Eph 2.1-10) the mouseover parsing and the Word Analysis & Resource Summary windows are not displaying the correct information. For example, when I hover over ὑμᾶς, the word analysis window and mouseover both say, ὑμᾶς conjunction coordinating from γάρ and then gives the defn. for γάρ. Every word in this text is incorrectly parsed and defined.

BUT it only gets messed up when I browse to and display all of vv 1-10 at once. One verse at a time seems to be okay. Also, I am in BGT when I get mouseover/word analysis window errors. BNT and BNM mouseovers are incorrect, too.

Image below is located at http://www.box.net/shared/static/bgxesxufs1.JPG in case you would like to download it.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/bgxesxufs1.JPG

MWMiles
03-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I'm running BW7 on a 32-bit Vista Business install and after updating to the 7.0.018j.1 executable I can no longer run the internet update without the software crashing. A popup window opens up asking me if I want to revert to a previous file set or if I want the operating system to handle the error. Earlier today, I chose to revert to a previous file set. This did not work. I then tried a repair install, which did not work either. I then unstalled BW7 and got rid of the BW folder under Program Files, after which I rebooted and completely reinstalled the package from by cds. After this fresh install was complete, I ran the Vista patch and then opened the BW application. Then I went ahead and downloaded all of the patch sets again to update my BW install. After I did this, I tried running update again and the program crashed again.

Since I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional installed, it wants to debug for me. Please send me the source code so that I can do this.

Owell, it was worth a try. :)

Where I am now I cannot run the internet update without taking the whole program down. I'm not in the mood to do a complete install again today. I'll keep my eyeballs peeled for a patch that I can download from the BW web site that can be plastered over the offending executable. I just wanted to report that the current executable is exhibiting "extra features."

Mike

Michael Hanel
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi,

Owell, it was worth a try. :)

Where I am now I cannot run the internet update without taking the whole program down. I'm not in the mood to do a complete install again today. I'll keep my eyeballs peeled for a patch that I can download from the BW web site that can be plastered over the offending executable. I just wanted to report that the current executable is exhibiting "extra features."

Mike

If you have extra hard drive space, keep a back up copy of your entire BibleWorks directory somewhere handy, you can always copy that over the whole works again if a fatal crash happens like this again.

MWMiles
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
If you have extra hard drive space, keep a back up copy of your entire BibleWorks directory somewhere handy, you can always copy that over the whole works again if a fatal crash happens like this again.

I shall do just that. Thanks for the tip!

Michael Hanel
03-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I shall do just that. Thanks for the tip!

Probably not ideal, but it sure beats having to reinstall from a CD all over again.

MBushell
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Jim,

The problem with the Analysis Window showing the wrong results when more than one verse is showing in multipl-version mode has been fixed and posted. The bug seems to have been around a while but I guess not many people operate in this mode.

Mike

David O'Dowd
03-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Have just experienced what others were describing when running 7.0.18j.

Running 7.0.018k.1 I tried to update the BibleWorks Maps Executable (7.018h) this morning: I consistently get the "BibleWorks Shutdown Options" window. Have tried reverting to several recent versions and then tried the Maps update: always with same result. (Windows XP Pro)

Only other addition to my Bibleworks lately was I did download and install the "wielandTextPreFinal" of "atextualcommentary."