PDA

View Full Version : Unrecognized entry error

kpurcell
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I am getting an error every time I load BW7. It says cryptically, "Unrecognize dentry in ..." and in the box it has either n y and an OK button, y n and the OK button or n n and the OK button. I get about ten of these. anyone know why and how to fix it?

Philip Brown
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi, Kevin,

Try holding down the shift key when you start BW. Several options are available in the dialog that comes up. You might try reverting to a previous check point. If that doesn't work, Delete the BW700.ini (you will lose all your settings) and you'll get a fresh .ini.

With a fresh .ini you can go to Help > BibleWorks on the Internet> Check for Updates > Options > Show Downloaded Patches and choose a previous patch that worked.

kpurcell
03-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I noticed there was a vista patch. It said to apply it before running the program. Oops. I applied it and tried running it and it gave me an error with an option to do as you suggested. So I did it and all seems to be working now. Hopefully I won't have to uninstall and reinstall as they suggest on the vista patch page.