PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks for the Arabic version!

MEJ Buijs
03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Quite wonderful to have the Van Dyke Arabic version now as well. My thanks to the good people at BibleWorks for making it available. I have to agree with some others on this forum that it would be quite nice to be able to change the font size, so I could see the tashkil slightly better, but for the moment Im thrilled.

Now, if I could only figure out how to encode Saadia... surely one of the learned and computer-savvy people here can give me a pointer or two, for the benefit of all?

- Martijn

MBushell
03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
You can edit the font size by editing the AVX.DBU or AVD.DBU file (in your BW databases dir) in any text editor. It should be obvious what you need to change. I am not sure off the top of my head how this will affect various parts of the diaplay but it's worth a try. You will need to do this unfortunately every time we update the Arabic files, but hopefully that won't happen often.

God bless,
Mike

Adelphos
03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
You can edit the font size by editing the AVX.DBU or AVD.DBU file (in your BW databases dir) in any text editor. It should be obvious what you need to change. I am not sure off the top of my head how this will affect various parts of the diaplay but it's worth a try.

I just did this, changing the font size to 28 and it appears to work perfectly. For those who are interested, all you need to change is the font size in the DBU file and it comes off without a hitch.

MEJ Buijs
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the tip. In fact, editing the dbu file I was happy to see I could also adjust the font. The Arial arabic script was giving me a bit of a headache, so I changed it to Scheherazade. Reads very pleasantly from the screen, crisp and clear, and works just as well in BibleWorks. Doesnt automatically give Allah a long A tashkil and shadda, unlike any other arabic font I know, but I can live with that!