PDA

View Full Version : Errors in 7.0.018h

vr8ce
03-20-2007, 01:37 AM
I get the "Bibleworks Shutdown Options" window every time I try to display the AVX bible.

Adelphos
03-20-2007, 01:43 AM
I get the "Bibleworks Shutdown Options" window every time I try to display the AVX bible.

The AVX is for XP; the AVD is for Vista.

rbl2552
03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I get the same "Shutdown" window when I try to display the AVX Bible, and I am using XPsp2. I tried it about 7 times now, and it happens every time.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks, Rick.

Michael Hanel
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Hmm. It loads for me. This may or may not help:

You must have Windows Right-to-left language support installed for this version to display correctly. You must also have an Arabic keyboard installed. These features can be added by opening the Regional and Langages applet in the Windows Control Panel.

rbl2552
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Hmm. It loads for me. This may or may not help:

You must have Windows Right-to-left language support installed for this version to display correctly. You must also have an Arabic keyboard installed. These features can be added by opening the Regional and Langages applet in the Windows Control Panel.

Yep, that did it. Guess I thought I had all the Windows languages options installed, but there's one I missed.

Thanks much, Rick.

MBushell
03-21-2007, 01:21 AM
I changed the program so that it doesn't crash if RTL and the Arabic keyboard are not installed. It will also pop up a message. I didn't notice this because these subsystems are loaded in Windows by default in Vista and we are doing most development in Vista now. Sorry for the mishap :-)
Mike

vr8ce
03-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I changed the program so that it doesn't crash if RTL and the Arabic keyboard are not installed. It will also pop up a message. I didn't notice this because these subsystems are loaded in Windows by default in Vista and we are doing most development in Vista now. Sorry for the mishap :-)
Mike
Wow, brave group. :) Thanks for the update, that did the trick. I didn't know I had anything else to load (I am on XPSP2, and will be for quite a while).

Vince