PDA

View Full Version : Aramaic is not Hebrew

frdee
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Now that Bibleworks has released two Arabic versions, may I repeat a request that Aramaic appear as a separate language from Hebrew in the display/search versions boxes. It is a separate language.

Adelphos
03-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Now that Bibleworks has released two Arabic versions, may I repeat a request that Aramaic appear as a separate language from Hebrew in the display/search versions boxes. It is a separate language.

I downloaded the Arabic versions, yet they show up NOWHERE in Choose Display Versions, or in Choose Search Version.

How are the Arabic versions accessed?

Adelphos
03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I just figured out that if you don't download the preview exe it won't display the Arabic versions.

Also, even thought the announcement states that both Arabic versions (XP or Vista) cannot be displayed at the same time, my system DOES display them both at the same time, apparently without any problem.

frdee
03-19-2007, 07:39 PM
They also both display for me - seemingly without problem. But, what would I know - it's all just squiggles on the screen to me :)

Adelphos
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
They also both display for me - seemingly without problem. But, what would I know - it's all just squiggles on the screen to me :)

I can actually read Arabic, but the fonts are so small that I really have to pay attention and work them out. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the font size for Arabic yet.

In fact, just quickly perusing the text, it is almost impossible to make out some of the letters, and especially some of the vowels.