PDA

View Full Version : Help--I have a MacBook and Bibleworks

MBSims2
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
My ol'e Dell PC finally gave up the ghost and so I decided to go high tech and buy a Mac. Well unknown to me my beloved Bibleworks does not run on OS X. I have heard the Microsoft Virtual PC for Macs helps to run Bibleworks smoothly. However, if I can figure a way to run BibleWorks for my new MacBook without dropping another $250+ on some Windows program that would be superb. Any suggestions?

Michael Hanel
03-19-2007, 11:39 AM
There are a number of Mac users who use BibleWorks in various ways. You can try checking out this thread for starters: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2010

richardsugg
03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
MS Virtual PC is a free download from MS. I use it all the time on windows, but not for Mac, so I assume that it is free for Mac also.

Dogfish Jones
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Read through the other thread, you'll find much better options than VirtualPC, which I understand Microsoft isn't even making for macs anymore.

I'd encourage you to get Parallels, but if you don't want to buy a copy of windows, than you may want to look at CrossOver...although I don't know if BW7 works in CrossOver yet.

diggertoo
03-22-2007, 02:09 AM
I recently converted from a Windows laptop to an Intel iMac. Using Parallels and WinXP Pro, I am running BibleWorks 7.0 with no problems whatsoever. In the Coherence mode, my 20" screen is a thing of beauty. Thus far the iMac is everything I hoped for and more.