PDA

View Full Version : Vista Problems

ingosorke
03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Has anybody else encountered these Vista problems with BW 7:

1. Can't update after fresh install: "Transfer interrupted - Internet connection broken".

IE7 works fine; no problems updating other programs. Firewalls: Windows default or McAfee, alternately disabled, with BW7 inbound/outbound permission granted.

2. BW7 crashes every time I enter the first module code (BDAG) under File - Unlock modules. ("BW has encountered a serious problem and needs to shut down").

Thanks for any tips,

Ingo

ingosorke
03-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Update:

www.bibleworks.com (http://www.bibleworks.com) has issued a Vista update that took care of my module unlock problem (Thanks BW!)

Still haven't figured out the problem with the internet connection during "update".

Ingo

Columcille
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Sounds odd, I haven't had any problem with that under Vista. I'll have problems with certain patches applying properly, but on the whole updates tend to go smoothly. I have gotten firewall messages for BibleWorks and get the connection broken message if I don't allow BW through the firewall, but it sounds like you've taken care of that. But it might be worth double checking firewall settings, that seems like the most likely culprit.