PDA

View Full Version : Printing Parallel Versions

MBD
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I wanted to print out Nehemiah 8:1-10:40 in columns with the MT, LXX, and the JPS TNK. I can easily set up the parallel text window, but how do I get it to print? How do I set the limits? I have the window beginning at Neh 8:1 but want to tell it to stop printing at 10:40. How do I do this?
Michael

MGVH
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think there is any way to print from the parallel text window. I suppose if you had a short enough passage or a large enough screen, you could do a screen capture...
The only way I know to do what you want to do is use the Copy Center. There you can define the exact range of verses, choose which versions you want, and select other options. It is then a matter of copying and pasting into a Word DOC and formating into columns there.

MBD
03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I must say I am astonished at this obvious limitation in BW7! Today a colleague asked me for my Gospel Parallels which I could not find. So I said my trusty Bible software will reconstruct it. (I almost never use BW in NT). I displayed beautiful parallels using the Synopsis tool. However, then I could find no simple way to do anything meaningful with that window. The obvious PRINT under FILE was missing, print page wouldn't work. How could BW7 have missed this?
Michael

MBushell
03-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I must say I am astonished at this obvious limitation in BW7! ... How could BW7 have missed this?
Michael

The answer to this is not hard. We are a small company serving a small niche market and support a huge program with hundreds of features and several gigabytes of data. We have two programmers and one content developer who spends most of his time on stuff we just give to our users. So we have to prioritize. We didn't miss the feature. We just have to make choices and do what can be done in limited time with limited staff. We do pretty good I think, all things considered. But everyone that uses the program wants more for less. We do the best we can with what the Lord has given us. I will try to up this feature in priority but can't promise anything soon.

Mike