PDA

View Full Version : Pasting Greek into emails

Gontroppo
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi

I'm participating in a read-through of John in Greek during Lent. [And in our independent evangelical church, we don't even observe Lent!]

I would like to paste Greek into the emails that other users can read.

Can I begin with BibleWorks and then convert the font, or do I need another font?

The BW font comes out as garbage, unfortunately.

I would especially like to be able to use my Yahoo browser to compose my emails, but if this is not possible I can do it in Outlook.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Michael Hanel
02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Well it depends on how technically adept your friends are and how willing their email clients are at accepting Unicode.

If you enable BW to export to Unicode first copy the portion you want to say the BibleWorks editor. Then copy the select portion from the editor to your email. It should be in Unicode and they should be able to read it fine provided their email client allows Unicode. If it doesn't well then it's a more difficult matter.

For whatever reason selecting and copying Greek straight from the Browse window to another program like Firefox doesn't produce Unicode font, it retains the normal BwGrkl, thus the extra step of copying to the Editor and then to your email.