PDA

View Full Version : Redraw/Repaint Problem

hudsonhauck
02-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Greetings!

I am running BW 7.0.018c and I am having a redraw problem. It is not new to this update, I think it has always existed.

Whenever any window covers up Bibleworks and the stops covering it, it does not completely redraw. But, if I type the alt key, or if I click on something on the main menu (i.e. "File" or "Resources") everything fixes itself.

Here is an image: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~mhauck/images/BW%20repaint.png

Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a workaround? Does BW know about this?

Michael Hanel
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I've had similar problems with the repaint issue. The problem on the tech support side is that they have not been able to duplicate it, thus they don't know what is causing it and can't solve it. So if you are able to help them duplicate it, perhaps it can get fixed.

MBushell
02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
That is correct Michael. We've tried and cannot reproduce it. It's helpful to send in your INI file and make a formal bug report when there are issues like this. The company does not "officially" monitor the forums, though we all lurk occasionally.
Mike

hudsonhauck
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Where do I file official bugs?

Michael Hanel
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Where do I file official bugs?

Follow the instructions at this site: http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html

hudsonhauck
02-24-2007, 03:58 AM
There is another bug that I remembered is closely associated with this, but not always.

Every once in a while, BW7 will jump up to ~50% CPU and stay there. I have to close the program and open it again to get it back to normal. When it does this, repainting becomes an especial problem.

(By the way, I don't see anything about bugs on the contact page. Should I file a support request?)

Michael Hanel
02-24-2007, 09:14 AM
There is another bug that I remembered is closely associated with this, but not always.

Every once in a while, BW7 will jump up to ~50% CPU and stay there. I have to close the program and open it again to get it back to normal. When it does this, repainting becomes an especial problem.

(By the way, I don't see anything about bugs on the contact page. Should I file a support request?)

That would make sense because it takes more computer power to keep track of the screen re-drawing and so if your CPU usage was really high, it would do goofy things. I follow your general problem, I just haven't figured out a way to reproduce the problem. Sometimes it happens, I close BW and restart it and it's fine.

Yeah you can use the Customer Support form.