PDA

View Full Version : Version Order Change after Update

ingosorke
02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Has anybody else experienced a version order change after updating?

My WTM and BGT got dropped from the top to the bottom after upgrading to 18b, and I think that's happened before. No big deal, just wondering.

Ingo

Michael Hanel
02-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Has anybody else experienced a version order change after updating?

My WTM and BGT got dropped from the top to the bottom after upgrading to 18b, and I think that's happened before. No big deal, just wondering.

Ingo

You're right it seems to happen off and on. I finally saved myself the hassle by saving my Version Order setting. The next time it got reset I simply had to re-load the file rather than re-arranging the orders all over again.

Adelphos
02-15-2007, 07:09 PM
finally saved myself the hassle by saving my Version Order setting. The next time it got reset I simply had to re-load the file rather than re-arranging the orders all over again.

How do you save your version order?

ingosorke
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Tools Options Version Order: Save to File

I'm getting old; I actually had one saved like MH says.

Ingo

Adelphos
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Tools Options Version Order: Save to File

I'm getting old; I actually had one saved like MH says.Ingo

Happens to the best of us... And I must be getting even older myself, as I NEVER saw that option before. How long has that little jewel been around?

Michael Hanel
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Happens to the best of us... And I must be getting even older myself, as I NEVER saw that option before. How long has that little jewel been around?

See, you learn things by reading the Forums ;) I saw it first (I think) in this post.
(http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1873&highlight=version+order)

Mark Eddy
02-16-2007, 01:09 AM
I simply save the "version order" line of my BW700.ini file in a MSWord document. Then when BW7 adds a new version, I close BW, paste my good old "version order" back into the updated BW700.ini file and then add the new Bible version to the list. (Hint: the list that is automatically created in the BW700.ini file has to be the same length as your saved version order list. If the two lines aren't the same length, you are leaving off a version or duplicating a version. BW automatically rejects any version order lines that don't contain all the Bible versions in your BW installation.)
BW creates a new "version order" line only when a new searchable version is added. Otherwise your version order in the BW700.ini file won't be affected. Since TUR was added in the last update, everybody who downloaded the Turkish version saw his BW700.ini file wiped out. I hope this helps.
Mark Eddy