PDA

View Full Version : Word PopUp focus

hopeport
02-14-2007, 10:38 AM
It seems now that when I import text into Word using the PopUp, the focus jumps back to the little popup window... after inserting an unwanted blank line into my Word doc. But the biggest problem is that now the little Word "Paste Options" disappears, so I can't choose to "Match Destination Formatting". This is a MAJOR hindrance in work flow, to have to manually reformat the imported text.. or to have to change the BW Export Font with every new document. Am I missing an option of some sort to tell BW to always Match Destination Formatting?

Michael Hanel
02-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I think this is a new "problem" introduced because of Vista upgrades. It seems in order to get the popup copy window to work in Word in Vista it has to be "on top" so to speak. However, you're right it does seem to be an annoyance in non-Vista environments. Perhaps you can contact tech support and see if there is some way to work around this issue.

Adelphos
02-14-2007, 08:45 PM
It seems now that when I import text into Word using the PopUp, the focus jumps back to the little popup window... after inserting an unwanted blank line into my Word doc. But the biggest problem is that now the little Word "Paste Options" disappears, so I can't choose to "Match Destination Formatting". This is a MAJOR hindrance in work flow, to have to manually reformat the imported text.. or to have to change the BW Export Font with every new document....

Ditto. Same problem. I hope they can fix this one soon.

MBushell
02-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I'll take a look at this today. I'll probbaly put a hook in to put it back the old way for non-Vista systems, but for Vista folks I don't see a better solution. The problem is that for the popup to stay on top of Word, Word has to own the popup window. So when we create the popup we assign ownership to Word. Unfortunately Vista sees this as a security threat (Grrrrrrrrr) and the popup tool no longer works. The only way we could get it to work and stay on top of Word is to parent it to the desktop and make it what Windows calls a topmost Window. Hence your complaint, which I perfectly understand. If this is a common complaint we may be forced to remove the popup entirely from Vista. Vista simply won't let things work the way they used to. Better get used to it. Vista is a great big nuisance factory. Let's hope that they fix some of the worst stuff.

Mike

Adelphos
02-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I'll take a look at this today. I'll probbaly put a hook in to put it back the old way for non-Vista systems, but for Vista folks I don't see a better solution.

One of MS's slogans when developing IE7 & Vista was "We heard you!"

I don't know who they think they've heard, but I suspect they've been listening to Machiavelli with respect to Vista, certainly not users. And I wouldn't put any money on them changing anything.

Thanks for the fast response, Mike.

Michael Hanel
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
One of MS's slogans when developing IE7 & Vista was "We heard you!"

I don't know who they think they've heard, but I suspect they've been listening to Machiavelli with respect to Vista, certainly not users. And I wouldn't put any money on them changing anything.

Thanks for the fast response, Mike.

The problem with Apple is that they are equally inflexible. If theirs is truly the better OS, you would think they would make it easier to run it on non-Macs, but they would rather users not do that, but rather they bundle the hardware and software together (read: iTunes and iPod) so that you get them both. Outside of BibleWorks :) is there such a thing as a benevolent software company??

MBushell
02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
See if what I just posted is any better.
Thanks,
Mike

Michael Hanel
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks like it is still a problem in 18c. I don't know if this is the problem or not, but after it has finished copying the passage, it adds a carriage return for no apparent reason (copying only one version). Doing this, makes it impossible (as far as I can tell) to change the formatting as per the first post on this thread:

after inserting an unwanted blank line into my Word doc. But the biggest problem is that now the little Word "Paste Options" disappears, so I can't choose to "Match Destination Formatting".

MBushell
02-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I got rid of the CR/LF if only one verse is being copied. So try it now.
Thanks,
Mike

Adelphos
02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I got rid of the CR/LF if only one verse is being copied. So try it now.Mike

18c I still have CR/LF, plus it still returns focus to BW rather than staying in Word.

hopeport
02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
:) The popup is now working for me!! THANK YOU!! I don't mind that the focus jumps back to the popup; that is minor. What is major is that now I DON'T get the extra CR/LF and I DO get the Match Destination Formatting option!!!! What a relief!!

:eek: Please... Please don't remove the popup from any future versions!!!! Without it BW would be SEVERELY diminished in its usability!

Thankful for your great work,
Chris