PDA

View Full Version : NAU Concordance for John

cdclayton
02-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I was trying to create a little book on the Gospel of John for my Bible Class that would have a small concordance in the back on just the Gospel of John. Is there a way to create a simple concordance that shows an English Word that is found in John with its verse reference? Just like you would find at the back of some bibles.

Thanks,

Charles D Clayton Jr

Glenn Weaver
02-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Here's how I would do it.
1) Set NAU (or NAS) as the search version, and set the search limits to Joh.
2) Use the Word List Manager to obtain a list of all the words in the NAU in Joh.
3) Identify the words I want to include from Joh, then search on those words. You may want to select the words in the left WLM window, then copy those words to the right window and sort alphabetically.
4) Save to the editor the list of verses from the Search Window. In the Copy Center Formatting options, uncheck the option to merge consecutive references.
That's all there is to it! If you want a concordance that looks like Strong's Concordance, use the KWIC Module.

Hope this helps.
Glenn

cdclayton
02-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I had tried to use the Word List Manager to accomplish this but I could not get it to work. When you say ".then search on these words", what exactly do you mean? I am able to generate a word list okay but getting the verses is where I am drawing a blank.

Thanks for your time and help,

Charles

Glenn Weaver
02-15-2007, 05:45 PM
You can either double-click on the word in the Word List Manager to search for that word, or you can type the word on the Command Line and search for it there.

After you search on the first word, then you will need to save the verse list to the editor. If you have ten words that you want to include in your concordance, you will have to run ten searches.

I'm sorry, but there isn't a way in the program currently to automatically generate a list of verses for all the words in a given range, and have it broken out by word.

Does this help?
Glenn