PDA

View Full Version : Last update causes BW to crash on opening

Dan Phillips
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
This is an unpleasant new experience. I just accepted the most recent update, which included a program update and a Dan Wallace update, and now when I attempt to start BW, I get the "BibleWorks 7.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close" popup.

I'll do a system restore back to yesterday. Are others experiencing the same?

ingosorke
02-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Same here. BW won't even open. Error report within seconds of trying to load BW.

BW7...17w update last night, 9:20 pm CT no problem
update to ...17w this morning again (!), 6:30 am - crash.

System restore works! (Thank you, Bill Gates!)

The next update should be called ...17x so we know it's a fix. (Thank you, Mike Bushell!)

Ingo

SCSaunders
02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Are others experiencing the same?Affirmative Rampart.

Ken Neighoff
02-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I am running the "w" update and am not experiencing any problems with the start up or the running of the application. All is well. :)

Alan Johnson
02-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Mine (with "w" update) started up and ran, but seemed a little quirky as it was opening. Seems to run OK now, though.

danieljweber@hotmail.com
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Same problem here. Is there a way to download a repairing update with BW running?

ingosorke
02-09-2007, 11:48 AM
All is well now with ...17x.

To get out of the 17w bug, I'd do system restore: start, accessories, system tools, system restore.

Then update BW again.

Ingo

SCSaunders
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Same problem here. Is there a way to download a repairing update with BW running?Administer two-amp sodium bicarbonate, insert an airway, start an IV with D5W and Lactate Ringers.

Then ...

To get out of the 17w bug, I'd do system restore: start, accessories, system tools, system restore. Then update BW again

Dan Phillips
02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
So, the system restore worked. I went back to the BW Check for Updates, to see which particular update had hosed me -- and there was none. Now I've accepted x, and all is well. So, do I have the Wallace update that had come with the last hose-me one?

:confused:

Adelphos
02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
So, do I have the Wallace update that had come with the last hose-me one?

Yes, you do, as long as it doesn't appear in the update options.

MBushell
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

The current post has a new Checkpoint feature which hopefully will prevent stuff like this from happening. It should be very easy now to revert to an earlier version. Let me know if you do or don't like the checkpoint option.

God bless,
Mike