PDA

View Full Version : specify ini file in bibleworks desktop shortcut

benboardman
02-07-2007, 06:08 AM
hi,

i would like to use two or more different bibleworks configurations but not have to use the configuration manager. it would be much better to simply have a desktop shortcut for each configuration of bibleworks. this would involve having a command line option on the bibleworks executable file to specify the ini file you want to use...

thanks,
ben

jdarlack
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
i would like to use two or more different bibleworks configurations but not have to use the configuration manager. it would be much better to simply have a desktop shortcut for each configuration of bibleworks. this would involve having a command line option on the bibleworks executable file to specify the ini file you want to use...That's a great idea, Ben! If someone with the know-how could produce it, I'd be interested as well. Here's the code for a javascript that opens specific workspaces in Libronix, perhaps something similar could be done:
var objLDLS = null;
var e;
// Get the existing instance of libronix
try {objLDLS=GetObject("", "LibronixDLS.LbxApplication")}
catch (e) {
// There was no existing instance, open a new one.
objLDLS = new ActiveXObject("LibronixDLS.LbxApplication");
}
finally {
// Open the workspace you want
var objXMLDOM = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
objXMLDOM.load("C:\\Documents and Settings\\jdarlack\\My Documents\\Libronix DLS\\Workspaces\\NT.lbxwks");;
objLDLS.LoadWorkspace(objXMLDOM,"");
objLDLS.Visible = true;
}To use the script above, copy the code into a text file. Be sure to change the file path to suit your own set up (see blue text). Then save the text file as a java script (*.js). It should open up the proper Libronix workspace when you click it.

I did not write this. Someone in the Libronix newsgroups did (sorry, but his name escapes me). I wish I had the programming skills to help.

David Kummerow
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
So what is proposed is that the BW executable (ie BW700.exe) be able to accept a commandline option of a different ini file than BW700.ini.

For example: BW700.exe BWLayout1.ini.

If the programmers are willing to code this option, that would be great.

Otherwise, I could code something in AutoIt as a workaround.

No use me doing this unless the programmers aren't willing to run with the suggestion.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

David Kummerow
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
OK, I made a small program called BWINISelector. See here:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9993