PDA

View Full Version : Edit Font Maps?

Joseph B. Modica
02-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I am attempting (for publication purposes) to export Greek using SPIonic and Hebrew using SPTiberian from BW 7. As many know, both of these are SBL fonts.
I realize that there needs to be a change in font mapping from Bwgrkl/Bwhebl to each of these fonts.
I do not know how to “Edit the Export Maps.”
I have read the manual and past posts on this forum, but I am at odds to know specifically what to do. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mark Eddy
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't think you need to fool around with export font maps at all.
Just click on the wrench button (Options), choose the "Fonts" tab, click on "export fonts", then click on the arrows by Greek and Hebrew and choose the font you want to use for exporting text from the drop-down lists. Be sure to check the box for Unicode, if that's what you want.
I'm using SBL Hebrew for Hebrew export, and it works fine. BW automaticaly changes the characters that use different keystrokes.
Or have I misunderstood your question?
Mark Eddy

Joseph B. Modica
02-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks Mark for your email. I'm not sure now what the problem is. I checked to see if I have installed both fonts (SPIonic and SPTiberian) in Word and in BW. I do have these fonts installed. But I still get "boxes" and improper characters when I use the Popup Copy Button in Word. See my attachment for specifics. Any additional guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

MGVH
02-03-2007, 11:44 PM
For the Greek, I do think you would need to edit the export maps.
OR, how about exporting with Unicode, then using the free GreekTranscoder (at: http://www.greektranscoder.org/ ) to convert to SPIonic.

Joseph B. Modica
02-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks Mark for your suggestion about The Greek Transcoder but it seems a bit complicated (at least for me). Might someone have the export maps for SPIonic and SPTiberian? Or know how to create them? It would seem that since these fonts are quite common (SBL) that the export font maps would be readily available somewhere.
Many thanks.

Dwight Sheets
02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I made a font map file to convert BWGRKL to SPionic in Bibleworks. It is not perfect, but it's pretty good (circumflex over omega is a bit to the right). If any one needs this let me know and I can send it to you (ddsheets@vfcc.edu). SPionic is a fairly limited font, but SPTiberian is much worse. The file I am working on to convert BWHEBB to SPTiberian will convert the consonants and some vowel points, but no dagesh. Some clean-up will be needed.