PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Copying?

Joseph B. Modica
01-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Has anyone experienced this odd phenomenon? I have just downloaded the most recent BW executable (17t). Now when I attempt to copy Scripture into Word via Shift-Ctrl-B, after clicking on the copy button, the text copies itself repeatedly--sometimes 12 times before ending. Any suggestions? Did I inadvertently "turn on" something?
Thanks.

Michael Hanel
01-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like a bug was introduced somewhere, I would email BW (http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html).

billcapel
01-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Has anyone experienced this odd phenomenon? I have just downloaded the most recent BW executable (17t). Now when I attempt to copy Scripture into Word via Shift-Ctrl-B, after clicking on the copy button, the text copies itself repeatedly--sometimes 12 times before ending. Any suggestions? Did I inadvertently "turn on" something?
Thanks.

Yes I'm pretty sure it is a bug from 't'

Does it happen every time or just some times. I have it do multiple copies like that once and then it seems to get better--until it happens again.

Peace

MBushell
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Can you grab 17u and see if the problem is still there?
Thanks,
Mike

Michael Hanel
01-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Still seems to be a problem.

MBushell
01-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I am unable to suplicate it. Can you tell me what versions and what verse were being copied?

Thanks,
Mike

MBushell
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
This should be fixed now. It was introduced when I added an enhancement to the popup verse copier (semi-colo delimited references). The bug does not appear in Vista for some reason. That's why I could not dup it. But it's fixed now, I hope.

Thanks,
Mike

billcapel
01-29-2007, 05:35 PM
This should be fixed now. It was introduced when I added an enhancement to the popup verse copier (semi-colo delimited references). The bug does not appear in Vista for some reason. That's why I could not dup it. But it's fixed now, I hope.

Thanks,
Mike

The new untested Vista better than tried an true XP -- tell me no!

Seriously, thank you for the enhancement.

Joseph B. Modica
01-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Many thanks Mike for the recent executable (17v). This seems to alleviate the problem of multiple verse copies in Word when using the Shift-Crtl-B feature.
Thanks as always for your outstanding service. Very much appreciated.
--Joe

Bill Moore
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
While the multiple copies have been solved, the Popup Copy Window remains on top of all apps, not just the word processing program to which I attached it.

Bill

MBushell
02-02-2007, 01:32 AM
The Popup Copy Window is now made a topmost window, so it will always be visible. I tried very hard to avoid doing this, but had to do that to get the popup copier to work in Vista. Vista doesn't like having a window from one application being parented to a window in another application. It is one of a thousand annoying issues caused by Vista security "improvements". You'll also notice that you can't drag text from BW to another app unless they are both running at the same security level. There's a ton of stuff like this. Vista is going to be a mega-pain - not just for us but for everyone.

Mike

Bill Moore
02-03-2007, 11:37 AM
The Popup Copy Window is now made a topmost window, so it will always be visible. I tried very hard to avoid doing this, but had to do that to get the popup copier to work in Vista. Vista doesn't like having a window from one application being parented to a window in another application. It is one of a thousand annoying issues caused by Vista security "improvements". You'll also notice that you can't drag text from BW to another app unless they are both running at the same security level. There's a ton of stuff like this. Vista is going to be a mega-pain - not just for us but for everyone.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. "Annoying" is putting it mildly. When I'm working in Nota Bene, I usually have the Popup Copy Window on it. I have it in the upper right corner where it sits quietly and unobtrusively. However, switching to another app with the PCW still there is more than annoying. I hope down the road Vista will be more accommodating or you (in your ingenious way ;) ) will figure out a work-around.

In the meantime, I'll just back up to a pre-Vista update.

Thanks again.

Bill