PDA

View Full Version : BW 7.0,6.0: QSM Version 2.8 Update



MBushell
01-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Update: QSM Qumran Sectarian Texts (7.0.017d)
Date: 01/08/07 at 17:28:03

This patch contains the latest QSM update. The update corresponds to release 2.8 from Dr. Abegg (and Accordance). See the <QSM 28 Read me.txt> file for details (in the databases folder).

This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the update you must enter the word "preview" (no quotes) in the Updater Access Code Window, accessed from the Options Menu. If you are not comfortable running a preview version you can wait until the changes are tested and a non-preview version is posted. This will usually not take more than a day or two.

If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Program and Database Updates section. If you post a response elsewhere we may not see it. Please do not use this section to post messages about anything but this update.

Thanks!

jdarlack
01-09-2007, 10:23 AM
README:
This is a SMALL thing, but I just got done reading the README, and noticed a bunch of Accordance-specific lingo interspersed throughout. Those who are not as familiar with BW, may get confused. Also, aren't the README's typically in C:\program files\bibleworks 7\? Could the content of the README be incorporated into the qsm.bww file?Display of text:
11Q19 (11QTemple Scrolla) does not display its "bookname" correctly. Rather it shows G77 2:1. The same thing happens with 1Q20, which shows a0:1 (see my later post (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9721&postcount=4)). I noticed in the README, Abegg states that certain lines are indicated with a verse number of zero (e.g. 11Q19 2:0). Perhaps that has something to do with it.That's enough for now. I gotta get back to my thesis...

Ben Spackman
01-10-2007, 12:09 PM
My computer at home isn't connected to the Internet and I'm quite interested in this update. However, the patch appears to be missing from the download page, http://www.bibleworks.com/DLSP_R_v7_rev1.htm

jdarlack
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
The following documents have problems with displaying the proper book name in the Browse Window (see above post (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9712&postcount=2)):
4Q123 → A89
4Q124 → A90
4Q125 → A91
4Q230 → B60
4Q373a → D58
4Q581 → G22
9Q1 → G64
10Q1 → G65
11Q19 → G77
Further observations about the above documents: None of the above documents display a full book name in the Browse List Box. They only display the document number (e.g., 4Q123, 4Q124, 4Q125, etc.). The following docs DO have entries in books.bna, but their book names do not display correctly in the Browse Window:
1Q23,1Q23 Book of Giantsa,1Q23,1QEnGiantsa ar
1Q24,1Q24 Book of Giantsb,1Q24,1QEnGiantsb ar
1Q25,1Q25 Apocryphal Prophecy,1Q25,1Q25 The following docs that have problems with book names in the Browse Window have entries in books.bna, but the book name appears to have CHANGED since the earlier version of the QSM:
9Q,9Q pap Unclassified Fragment,9Q,9Q is now 9Q1 in the Browse List Box
10Q,10Q QOstracon,10Q,10QOstr is now 10Q1 in the Browse List Box
11QT,11QT Temple Scrolla,11QT,11QTemplea is now 11Q19 in the Browse List Box The following docs have NO entry in books.bna and do not display correctly in the Browse Window:
4Q230
4Q373a
4Q581