PDA

View Full Version : Command Line icon

euaggelion
12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I've just reformatted my computer and re-installed BW7. There's a few things I can't fathom:

the program keeps creating a folder in My Documents called "Bw700". There's nothing in the folder (not even hidden files). But if I delete it, the program just creates a new folder. I never had this folder last time I had BW7 installed.
I've set up some 'Search/Display Favourites'. One of them (my English setup with ESV, NIV, KJV and NET always has the top-right square of the command line icon filled in yellow. (Not the top-left one what is yellow when the search limits are set). I can't work out why it's yellow or how to get it back to green.
(slightly less importantly) the Hebrew font (Bwhebb) just doesn't look as good as it did before - the characters seem very rough around the edges...????Can anyone help with any of these???
Thanks. Merry Christmas

euaggelion

Michael Hanel
12-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I've just reformatted my computer and re-installed BW7. There's a few things I can't fathom:

the program keeps creating a folder in My Documents called "Bw700". There's nothing in the folder (not even hidden files). But if I delete it, the program just creates a new folder. I never had this folder last time I had BW7 installed.
I've set up some 'Search/Display Favourites'. One of them (my English setup with ESV, NIV, KJV and NET always has the top-right square of the command line icon filled in yellow. (Not the top-left one what is yellow when the search limits are set). I can't work out why it's yellow or how to get it back to green.
(slightly less importantly) the Hebrew font (Bwhebb) just doesn't look as good as it did before - the characters seem very rough around the edges...????Can anyone help with any of these???
Thanks. Merry Christmas

euaggelion

1. Not sure.
2. From the BW Help file: Top Right: This is yellow if accent-sensitive searching is on for the current search version or if "smart apostrophes" is turned on for English versions. AND You can activate it by clicking on the Enable Smart Apostrophes checkbox in the Options Window in the Option Flags section. If this is turned on apostrophes will not be treated as significant in English searches.
3. You can perhaps correct this with the Clear Type setting in Windows:

Right click on the desktop and choose Properties. Click on the "Appearnace" tab and then the "Effects" button.
Make sure that "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts" is checked. This is especially important if you have an LCD screen.

Andrew Fincke
12-21-2006, 09:40 PM
No, I can't help, Evangelion, but I'm still wondering how to install Mike's new Israel;i keyboard for the Command Line. I think the staff down there has taken an early holiday break. Happy birth of our Lord!
Andrew

euaggelion
12-22-2006, 04:02 AM
Thanks Michael.

Fixed the little yellow box thing.
The other two issues, however, remain unsolved. But nevermind. Thanks for your help.

God bless

euaggelion

Adelphos
12-22-2006, 09:21 AM
but I'm still wondering how to install Mike's new Israel;i keyboard for the Command Line.

I answered that question for you in the thread where you asked it.

Columcille
12-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks. Merry Christmas

euaggelion

1. I've noticed this too, not sure what it is. Had to have happened with one of the program updates since I hadn't noticed it until a short time ago.
2. Can't help you there.
3. Another person gave the likely solution, turn on ClearType.

Right click on Desktop
Click Properties
Click the Appearance tab
Click Effects
Make sure to check the "Use the following method to smooth..." box
Select ClearType from the drop down box
Click ok on the open windows, should look a bit better then.