PDA

View Full Version : Newbie searching question - BGT & APF/M

Christopher
12-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Greetings - I've recently plunged in to BW7, and am loving it. I'm having trouble, though, figuring out how to search, e.g., both the Bible AND the Apostolic Fathers in one search on the same lemma. For example, in studying the text for Advent III, Mt. 11.2-10, I wanted to search the NT and the Apostolic Fathers on skandalizw. Is there a way to do this in one fell swoop, or do I have to conduct one search on BYZ (or BGT, etc.) and then another on APF (or APM)?

(And then I have another question: what is the difference between the text versions and the "morphology" versions that I see in the version listings, that appear to be the same text, such as APF and APM?)

Michael Hanel
12-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Greetings - I've recently plunged in to BW7, and am loving it. I'm having trouble, though, figuring out how to search, e.g., both the Bible AND the Apostolic Fathers in one search on the same lemma. For example, in studying the text for Advent III, Mt. 11.2-10, I wanted to search the NT and the Apostolic Fathers on skandalizw. Is there a way to do this in one fell swoop, or do I have to conduct one search on BYZ (or BGT, etc.) and then another on APF (or APM)?

(And then I have another question: what is the difference between the text versions and the "morphology" versions that I see in the version listings, that appear to be the same text, such as APF and APM?)

For your first question, click on the box just to the left of the command line (it has the current version name and the four-square green box). Then click "Choose Search Version" Then a box comes up with versions in your browse window. Below that there is a pull down menu that allows you to "Search All Display Versions" or "Search and Display all same language versions" Those would be the two options you want to play with. When you search a box will pop up listing the results and from there you can go to hits in whatever version you want.

Second. The text version uses the morphology version for all of the parsing data. So if you didn't have a morphology version, you would just have plain text with no parsing (like one of the English texts for example). Go to the Online Help in BW7 and check out Chapter 18 for more info!