PDA

View Full Version : Mistake with "again" search?

Harold6
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
While doing a search on the word "again" in the KJV, I noticed that the search widow stats for Mark 10:1 and 14:70 indicated that the word "again" occurs 4 times in each of these verses. However, I could only see two! When I ran the same search in Logos, there were only two hits in each of those verses. Is this a mistake with BW7 or are there some "agains" there that I can't see?

Harold

Nevermind! I just downloaded the latest patch 16e and ran the search again! Guess what? The problem was corrected! It was as if those BW guys were reading my mind, or perhaps the Spirit revealed it to them! This program and those BW guys are the best!

Mystery?

Wait a minute guys! It wasn't the new update after all! (But I still think that this program and those BW guys are the best!) I noticed that when I ran the search from command line, those verses turned up 2 hits. But when I ran the search with the GSE (kjv: again, Bnt: palin) it turned up 4! What's the explanation?

Mark Eddy
12-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Two hits for the English version, two hits for the Greek version, that equals 4 hits. Computers are great mathemeticians.
Mark Eddy

Harold6
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks Mark!

Dale A. Brueggemann
12-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Two hits for the English version, two hits for the Greek version, that equals 4 hits. Computers are great mathemeticians.
Mark Eddy

Yep, very logical--if not very sensible.

My wife used to talk of computers following the programming instructions in such a literal fashion that if our children did it we would discipline then for malicious obedience: "But it's what you said, Dad!" to be followed by "You know good and well that's not what I meant."