PDA

View Full Version : versions displayed in links in editor's notes

youth_guy_68
12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I am a new member here on the BW forums and own BW7. I also have just recently begun to utilize the many functions within BW. My question is, how do I choose the display version that displays when I place my cursor over the hyperlinked verse in my editor notes?

Right now I get my BGM version, but would like to include an English version as well.

Thanks in advance!

Adelphos
12-09-2006, 01:56 PM
My question is, how do I choose the display version that displays when I place my cursor over the hyperlinked verse in my editor notes?

View|Choose Popup Versions ...

youth_guy_68
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
View|Choose Popup Versions ...

thank you!

edit: i did this & do not get any different result. Hmmm... any ideas?

ingosorke
12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Have you updated the program via Tools, Options, Update (or clicking on the wrench icon)? You should have version 7.0.016d. Help, About Bibleworks will show which version you have.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

I just changed my popup versions and the feature works flawlessly.

Ingo

Ben Spackman
12-10-2006, 12:49 PM
If you're talking about the edition that pops up in the notes that you edit yourself, in the editor, that is changed by right-clicking on the note. You should see a little code in the line there. I can't remember if you can pop-up more than one version in a note.

The setting referred to in the other response controls what versions pop-up when you mouse over a link in a lexicon, grammar, cross-reference, etc.

youth_guy_68
12-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Have you updated the program via Tools, Options, Update (or clicking on the wrench icon)? You should have version 7.0.016d. Help, About Bibleworks will show which version you have.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

I just changed my popup versions and the feature works flawlessly.

Ingo

7.0.016d - this is the version I have

If you're talking about the edition that pops up in the notes that you edit yourself, in the editor, that is changed by right-clicking on the note. You should see a little code in the line there. I can't remember if you can pop-up more than one version in a note.

The setting referred to in the other response controls what versions pop-up when you mouse over a link in a lexicon, grammar, cross-reference, etc.

I did this and this 'fixed' this link, I guess I was wondering if there was a certain way to have it be the default. This will work for now.

ingosorke
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I was able to select only one pop-up version in editor links. Probably a programming restriction that could be easily fixed to allow more than one pop-up version. I'll pass it on as a request/idea. Thanks for pointing out this limitation, and thanks to Ben S. for the clarification.

Additionally, pop-up translations appeared so far left to the editor on my monitor that they were only partially visible!

Ingo