PDA

View Full Version : Version Database Compiler - Unicode

pasquale
12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
-----------------

Michael Hanel
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
The Version Database Compiler does NOT compile Unicode. Email me if you want help converting the text into CCAT.

KUdd
12-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Michael, I have just begun using the version database compiler, and have successfully created some for Greek. I'm not having so much luck with Hebrew, and I'm wondering if it is because of the right to left typing or something. The txt I'm trying to use looks like this:

Lac 4:1 „~yk t[ ynda ta hwhy„[mXy
Lac 4:2 ynda xlX rXa lkk t[w„bj t[mX
Lac 4:3 „lkk tldh l[ ytbtk $db[ hX[„!k

The Hebrew text on these (shown here in English characters) is correct if read from right to left. Am I missing something obvious in the setup? It gives me the reference for the first "verse" and that is it. Ideas?

KUdd

Michael Hanel
12-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I have not actually ever compiled any Hebrew stuff, so I don't know how that would work, i.e. what limitations there might be.

Are you working to compile from CCAT format or BwHeb?

What errors is the compiler giving you?

KUdd
12-11-2006, 10:26 AM
I've been using the CCAT format, since that worked for the Greek and English texts. I just tried the BW Native Format with the same results. It doesn't actually give me an error message now, it says that the build was successful:

Preprocessing Data File
Adding: Lac 1:1
Adding: Lac 2:1
Adding: Lac 3:1
Building WDC File
Building DBX File
16 vss, 4 chs, 1 bks, 3 blanks
0.0 seconds - Build was successful.
Installed in: c:\program files\bibleworks 7\databases

However, when I go to try looking up the text of a "verse", it is blank, other than the reference for the very first verse. So it gives me something like this:

AHI Lac 1:1

I guess it has picked up that the reference should be on the right-hand side, but there is no text showing up. Any ideas? I'm new at this, so maybe I'm missing something really obvious . . .

Kris

Michael Hanel
12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
If you want to email me via the forums, we can exchange your text file and I can tell you if there are any problems I'm seeing.