PDA

View Full Version : Is there audio pronouncing in Bibleworks 7?

rd151
11-28-2006, 01:24 AM
It is one thing to read a greek word, but it sure is helpful to be able to pronounce it as well. Is there audio pronouncing in Bibleworks 7 :confused:

MGVH
11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
There is pronunciation available in the Flashcard module. (Using Options > ...), you can choose whether you want Erasmian or modern pronunciation.

ingosorke
11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Try "Tools" - "Vocabulary Flashcard Module" - click on yellow speaker icon.

The Help File is under "Sound Files".

Ingo

(MGVH beat me to the post . . .)

rd151
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
I understand how a card can show you how to pronounce a word properly, but that was not my original question. Does Bibleworks 7 pronounce the greek word for you in an audio format to where you actually hear the word spoken :confused:

Ben Spackman
11-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes. Follow the instructions above, and, provided you have a soundcard and the volume turned up, you may *hear* the Greek in the dialect of your choice.

Dale A. Brueggemann
11-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Does Bibleworks 7 pronounce the greek word for you in an audio format to where you actually hear the word spoken :confused:

Yes for the dictionary form found on the vocabulary flash cards (directions supplied in other posts); no for the running text with its inflected forms.

MGVH
11-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, there is a site where the whole Greek NT is read out loud using Erasmian pronunciation and presented as MP3 files HERE (http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/gnt/home.html).

I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to create one of the HTML Help files that shows up in the Resource Summary window to link to the chapters.
(I'd like to think I would have the time to learn how to do it, but...)

paul
11-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Thank you, Mark, for that link. Do you know if there is something similar for the spoken Hebrew?

MGVH
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
In addition to the sites listed HERE (http://www.bible-researcher.com/links08.html) under "Audio Recordings of the Hebrew text," also see this collection HERE (http://www.audiotreasure.com/mp3/Hebrew/Hebrew.htm).

Andrew Fincke
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Mike,
Since I work with Dead Sea scrolls, I want my searches on the Hebrew Bible always to cross verse boundaries, and when I forget to toggle that switch in the task bar at the bottom of the search window, my results are skewed downwards. That is I look for "Saul" within 7 to 15 words of "David" in order to reconstruct two lines of 4QSam-a from a fragment that has nothing left of the verse(s) but the two words mentioned, one above the other. Since there are no such things as verse boundaries in Dead Sea scrolls, the cross verse boundaries switch must always be on. Is there a flag option to keep "Cross Verse" continually highlighted? If not can you make one and issue it as a web update?
Andrew Fincke

Andrew Fincke
11-29-2006, 12:28 PM
The problem is solved by changing 0 to 1 next to the parameter in the BW700.ini.
Andrew Fincke