PDA

View Full Version : Copying from LOGOS into BW 7 Notes

MBD
11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I have the HALOT only in Logos and sometimes want to drop a dictionary entry into BW 7 notes. It comes out gibberish. If I drop it into Word, it is fine. I think the problem is fonts. Logos uses the SBL fonts which apparently BW does not recognize.Word of course does recognize the SBL fonts. Can I install the SBL fonts onto BW 7?
Michael

tcblack
11-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I have the HALOT only in Logos and sometimes want to drop a dictionary entry into BW 7 notes. It comes out gibberish. If I drop it into Word, it is fine. I think the problem is fonts. Logos uses the SBL fonts which apparently BW does not recognize.Word of course does recognize the SBL fonts. Can I install the SBL fonts onto BW 7?
Michael
You can solve your problem one of three ways.

You can go to fonts in your BW editor and select the sbl font. That should fix it.
You can paste through word which might fix it. (Right click in your editor, edit>paste (use MSWord).)
You can install PureText (http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext)to strip the formatting from the stuff in the clipboard and drop raw text into the editor.

If you use the last option your regular unicode font will be used.

MBushell
11-25-2006, 06:28 PM
I can't be sure but I imagine the problem is with Logos. The BibleWorks 7 editor uses the same Windows subsystem as Wordpad so changing the fonts in the editor won't affect anything. It just affects how BW pastes into the editor. Try pasting the text from Logos HALOT into Wordpad and if that has the same problem it is a Logos issue. I assume with all this that you are running on XP.

Mike