PDA

View Full Version : Status of Chinese Bibles?

jhkchan
11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
What is the status of Chinese Bibles? I read some posts saying they are available for a time, and then removed? :mad:

I saw some screen shots of CUV and NCV. Can someone point me to where I can download them, or ways of rolling my own? Appreciated.

John Chan

jhkchan
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Can someone give me some information as to the availability of Chinese Bible for BibleWorks? Why is Robin Song's files for East Asian Bibles on the user submitted databases all taken away? I cannot believe every one of the East Asian Bibles had copyright problems? The Chinese Union Bible has been around for a hundred years, why would there be any copyright problems?

Bibleworks staff and community used to give fast feedbacks. Now what has happened? Please help!!!!! HELP!!!!!

John Chan

Mark Eddy
01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
One problem is that currently the BibleWorks user database compiler can't handle unicode fonts properly, and all the Chinese Bibles need unicode fonts. I know that the programmers have been very busy with other projects which have been advertized but not yet completed. I don't know how long it will be before they can begin to deal with the problem with compiling unicode fonts. If anything the programmers are too hard working, but they try to meet the largest number of user needs first before tackling the more specialized needs. In the long run putting Chines versions in BibleWorks will be extremely valuable. But the long run also has to be run patiently.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy