PDA

View Full Version : Bible Works to PowerPoint

KeithSchweitzer
10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Hello!

Can I move bwgrk and bwhebb text into a PowerPoint presentation? All I get is nonsense characters. Thank you for your help.

Dr. Keith Schweitzer
Immanuel Lutheran Church
Greenfield, Iowa

Adelphos
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Can I move bwgrk and bwhebb text into a PowerPoint presentation? All I get is nonsense characters. Thank you for your help.

If you have those fonts installed on your computer you should be able to use those fonts in most any application. After cutting and pasting from BW you may have to highlight the pasted text and then select the appropriate font from within PP, but other than that you should have no problems.

I just did exactly that, and it worked perfectly.

boeinguy2
10-31-2006, 02:57 PM
I cannot get these fonts to copy directly in OneNote, another Microsoft app. I have to copy the text to Word, which reads the fonts correctly, then from Word to OneNote.

tcblack
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
you may be better off setting tools>options>fonts>export fonts>unicode

If you're running the powerpoint on a computer which does not have the BWfonts installed it may have the unicode fonts installed.

Else, when you paste into powerpoint be mindful that ppt's default is to "Paste using template preferences" or something like that. Which means that even if you copy bwgrkl you'll be pasting arial.ttf or whatever the ppt template is set to. In order to overcome that, look for the little notepad icon at the end of your paste entry, right after you paste. click it and select "apply source formating".
Failing that, just highlight your gibberish, change the font to bwgrkl and you're good.

Above all, remember to set the ppt file to embed fonts if you're going to use it on another computer.