PDA

View Full Version : Hi, & How can I save my Parallel window settings?

Whitefort
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi - This is my first post, so be nice to me!

I make fairly heavy use of the Parallel versions window, but each time I load BW7 I have to go through the process of opening a new window, then selecting the versions I want to view and the order in which I want to view them.

I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I would be really grateful if someone would tell me how to save my preferences for the Parallel window so I don't have to repeat this process every session.

Many thanks!

John Scott

terogs
10-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Go to Tools | Options | Versions and select Add to add a new favorite for parallel versions. Once you've done that and saved it you'll be able to click on the down arrow next to the Parallel Versions Button and select your named favorite.

If you run into trouble, click on the Parallel Version Button and select Help.

Tom

Whitefort
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks, Tom. That's going to save me a lot of time!

John

jdarlack
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Don't forget that you can create very quick parallel windows using a command line shortcut!

Just type p bgt niv wtt lxe, hit enter, and now you have a parallel window open with the Greek OT/NT, the NIV, the Hebrew Old Testament and Brenton's translation of the LXX.

danieleburrow
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Greetings!

You gave us a nugget of knowledge that has already proven to be a treasured help. My sermon preparation time can now be stewarded even more skillfully as I no longer have to step through the pick-this-version-pick-the-next and so on process.

I serve, by God's grace, as a bi-vocational pastor / full-time caregiver for my chronically diseased wife / full-time student at Crown College. Being in the midst of such a refining process is wearisome at times, but, with helps sent along by the Holy Spirit (such as what you have detailed) I am finding His grace is super-abundant and His fellowship is sweeter still.

Thank you!

Joyfully About Our Father's Business,

Daniel
Isaiah 55:1
http://home.earthlink.net/~danieleburrow/

Whitefort
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Don't forget that you can create very quick parallel windows using a command line shortcut!

:eek:

I was aware of the existence of the command line, but haven't yet delved into any of its mysteries. But with this one example, you've persuaded me that it would be well worth learning more about it!

Thanks!

John

arggem
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Although this link is a couple of years old, it still is a good starting point for learning some of the command-line "mysteries."

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162