PDA

View Full Version : Converting Tlg-Betacode into Ccat-format

Xenos
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know how to convert tlg-texts into ccat format (for compiling bw-texts)?

ddyke
10-17-2006, 10:44 PM
This involves many legalities that are hard to deal with.

IF you own a TLG disk then you can use the Diogenes software to put it out in SGreek format. You then can compile it in SGREEK format. I am writing an SGREEK to BWGRKL conversion program but it is not done.

Dan

Michael Hanel
10-18-2006, 12:22 AM
This involves many legalities that are hard to deal with.

IF you own a TLG disk then you can use the Diogenes software to put it out in SGreek format. You then can compile it in SGREEK format. I am writing an SGREEK to BWGRKL conversion program but it is not done.

Dan

It is loads easier if you view it in Unicode. There are already macros available to convert Unicode to CCAT or BGRKL

Xenos
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks Michael and Dan
a conversion program sgreek > bwgkl would be helpful. But then there is a new question : how to convert bwgrkl into ccat? The BW text-compiler needs ccat...
But let us know when your program is finished.

Xenos

Michael Hanel
10-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Michael and Dan
a conversion program sgreek > bwgkl would be helpful. But then there is a new question : how to convert bwgrkl into ccat? The BW text-compiler needs ccat...

Xenos

I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't quite hook you up with the macros I use, but if you email me I can. I work entirely in Unicode--> CCAT, so that's about all I can vouch for.

There are other programs out there that make betacode-Unicode or other fonts to Unicode conversions (http://www.greektranscoder.org/ comes to mind, there are probably others). I am speaking mostly from ignorance because, like I said, I deal entirely in Unicode-CCAT. (actually if you search the forums for "CCAT" or "macro" you'll probably find links to those files).

ddyke
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks Michael and Dan

Xenos

http://home.fuse.net/SCJ/compile.gif
Note in the second highlighted area that you can input in BW Native Format (i.e. BWGRKL.TTF). I always use this option.