PDA

View Full Version : Use of Greek/Hebrew in XP Word

R Weise
05-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Dear friends,

I have installed Bibleworks 4 onto my new dell laptop, but there are no fonts for greek and hebrew in the Word Processor.

I emailed some exegetical work from home to church and when I pulled it up, all the original greek and hebrew fonts are in english. When I tried to change them to the greek or hebrew nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

Russ

Joe Fleener
05-08-2004, 08:24 AM
There were a few issues with Fonts in BW 4.0

Try the following:

1. Open BW, then open the Word document that contain the BW Greek & Hebrew fonts. If you see them correctly then do the following:

1a. Go through your control Panel - fonts to actually install the fonts into the Windows OS.

If you still did not see them in #1 above, then I am not sure.:confused:

2. On you church PC. Do you have BW installed there? If you do try #1 above @ church. Either way you will want to do 1a on the church PC as well.

There were issues with 4.0 when one needed to have BW open on the PC to see the fonts display.

By the way, you can go to BibleWorks web site and get their new fonts even if you do not have 5.0 or 6.0

Hope that helps.

Charlie
05-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Dear friends,

I have installed Bibleworks 4 onto my new dell laptop, but there are no fonts for greek and hebrew in the Word Processor...

Any suggestions?

Russ
Russ,

The problem is that for some reason the fonts did not installed on your system. You may simply need to reboot your computer. If that doesn't help it's very easy to reinstall the fonts manually. See the BW4 FAQ posted here (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116).

Charlie