PDA

View Full Version : How to create ddf from txt?

Giedrius
10-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to create ddf files from txt?
Giedrius

jdarlack
10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Can anyone tell me how to create ddf files from txt?Hello Giedrius. DDF files are created automatically for you when you define all of the settings for the version database that you would like to compile. Read the entirety of chapter 38 in the help files on "Compiling Version Databases." This is of tremendous importance, as it will help you avoid mistakes, and it will clue you in to the various features allowed with each version. From the Tools menu, open the Version Database Compiler. In the field labeled "1. Database Description File (DDF)", click the "New" button. Navigate to the folder in which you would like to place your DDF file (or create a new folder if you would like). Fill in the name of the DDF file you would like to create. Most of the time people use the same name that is used in the text (.txt) file that will become the version database. If you do not use the same name, then you will have to change the file path in the field labeled "2. Database Raw Text File" to reflect the actual file path and name of the text file you are going to use. Fill out all of the fields in 3a, 3b and 3c. Test compile by hitting the compile button, but making sure that the "Install after Compiling" check box is NOT checked off. This enables you to find any missing lines or mistakes in your text (.txt) file. If everything is ok, then check off the "Install after compiling" check box, and hit the compile button. A DDF file will be created automatically with all of the settings that you defined in the Version Database Compiler.

Giedrius
10-10-2006, 06:01 AM
I got it. Thanks a lot.
Giedrius

Giedrius
10-14-2006, 03:55 PM
I've managed to create a Lithuanian bible text. It is correctly displayed and does work in BW6, although lithuanian characters, when typed in the search window, are not correctly displayed. Yet, it is possible to do the search. However in BW7 the search is not possible.
Would appreciate any ideas from those of you who have worked with languages and fonts other than English.
Giedrius

jdarlack
10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I've managed to create a Lithuanian bible text. It is correctly displayed and does work in BW6, although lithuanian characters, when typed in the search window, are not correctly displayed. Yet, it is possible to do the search. However in BW7 the search is not possible.
Would appreciate any ideas from those of you who have worked with languages and fonts other than English. GiedriusHello Giedrius.

If you want, you can send me the file by email and I will take a look at it. Send it to jdar3lack@gc3ts.ed3u (be sure to remove the 3's in the email, before sending it).

Is this text in public domain? If it is, then we can post it to the BibleWorks blog.