PDA

View Full Version : Generate report

MBD
10-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I have used Report Generator many times. But the version in BW 7 seems more buggy---or is this just me? It crashes the entire program more often than it generates a report. For example I want to work on the Targum of Nahum 1. I call up Report Generator and select the version as TAR; I say to analyze TAR and select lexical to the right. (I want the CAL exntries for each lexeme). Hit OK and it immediately crashes the entire program. What is happening? This has happened to me several other times with different reports. I do not remember it happening in BW 6.
Michael Dick

Michael Hanel
10-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I have used Report Generator many times. But the version in BW 7 seems more buggy---or is this just me? It crashes the entire program more often than it generates a report. For example I want to work on the Targum of Nahum 1. I call up Report Generator and select the version as TAR; I say to analyze TAR and select lexical to the right. (I want the CAL exntries for each lexeme). Hit OK and it immediately crashes the entire program. What is happening? This has happened to me several other times with different reports. I do not remember it happening in BW 6.
Michael Dick

What you want to do is write down exact steps you are taking which cause the crashes. There are literally thousands of combinations of programming sequences in a complex piece of work like BW7, so what they need to know is exact things you are doing that can produce a crash. If you can get them that information, they can usually straighten it out pretty quickly.

Joseph B. Modica
10-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I too have had (and continue to have) numerous crashes using the Report Generator (using BW 7 with Windows XP Home). Charlie and Israel from BW technical support have patiently and meticuously examined my various configurations, but to no avail (Thanks much Charlie and Israel). Charlie mentioned doing a MS "Clean Boot," which I have not tried yet.