PDA

View Full Version : How can I keep display versions from changing when inserting verse ranges?

Dr. Skahaggus
10-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I just purchased BibleWorks within the last couple of weeks, and I really enjoy it! It's been very helpful in Bible study and honestly downright fun to use.

However, there's one thing that's come up recently that is a little bothersome. My display versions have been changing while I work, and I think it's when I'm in the user notes and I use the button "Insert verse range." I've been inserting them from BNT, which I had open in the display versions. (I had browse mode on where I only view a passage from one version.) My only display version changes to BNT, and I have to reselect all the others, and they'll change back again. I'm not sure that it's from the Insert Bible Verses button, but that may be it.

Sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone know how to fix that? Or is there a way to have versions preset so I can easily click on something and have the versions come up automatically? I don't know; I haven't used BibleWorks enough yet.

Thanks much!

Dr. Skahaggus
10-03-2006, 12:25 AM
So the display favorites feature is really nice and helps out, but am I still doing something wrong or can I get it to keep my display versions while I'm working?

Mark Eddy
10-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Have you tried using the tabs for the browse window yet? You can set your display versions in the browse window, then click on a different tab, and the display versions for your first tab will be set. Use whatever versions you want in tab you. Then click on tab one, and you'll see your original versions at the verse it was in when you left it. This may help.
Mark Eddy

Dr. Skahaggus
10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes, I've used the tabs. As far as I've been able to tell, the best solution is to use Display Favorites to reset it all back to whatever I like.

Thanks! It looks like Display Favorites or the tabs would be best.