PDA

View Full Version : Tab Short-cut Key

Adelphos
09-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't know how to get a poll going, but if anyone would like to see the following implemented, please chime in --

To wit, I would like to be able to change tabs with a keystroke, just as we can set search limits with "l joh" et cetera. In other words, I would like to be able to --

"tab 3" or "t 3" to change to that tab. It sure would save a lot of grabbing the mouse, clicking, and so forth.

Can I get any amens on that? :cool:

Michael Hanel
09-30-2006, 01:03 AM
I don't know how to get a poll going, but if anyone would like to see the following implemented, please chime in --

To wit, I would like to be able to change tabs with a keystroke, just as we can set search limits with "l joh" et cetera. In other words, I would like to be able to --

"tab 3" or "t 3" to change to that tab. It sure would save a lot of grabbing the mouse, clicking, and so forth.

I don't know if that's an easy one to accomplish since I don't program, but if it is, I think that'd be a great short-cut even though I must confess I don't think I'd use it that much, i'm so used to using the mouse...... :rolleyes:

Adelphos
09-30-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't know if that's an easy one to accomplish since I don't program, but if it is...:rolleyes:

Watch me get soundly corrected, but I'll go out on a limb and say, since I used to program some (albeit not near the level of BW programming), that this implementation would probably be about a five minute coding exercise.

Helmet on!

Michael Burer
09-30-2006, 07:33 AM
I believe Mike and Co. have this on a list of functionalities to add to the program. It may not be that formal, but they know we want it! :)

Adelphos
09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I believe Mike and Co. have this on a list of functionalities to add to the program. It may not be that formal, but they know we want it! :)

Yeah, I made the same request several months ago, but I wasn't sure they saw it, so I was hoping to garner more support by mentioning it again. :rolleyes:

Dale A. Brueggemann
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I made the same request several months ago [i.e., for keyboard shortcut for changing tabs], but I wasn't sure they saw it, so I was hoping to garner more support by mentioning it again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, count me in on "more support." I hate grabbing for the mouse when I can stay on the keyboard in programs I use all the time.

jltstigall
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I agree with the above.

Speaking of streamlining, but on a different topic . . . When using the Graphical Search Engine, my first reaction is to right-click on a box to "disconnect" or "delete" it. Instead, I have to point to "Edit" (or press "Delete" once the box is highlighted). (It would also be nice to "re"-connect boxes if desired by simply clicking on the connecting arrow to move it. As for now, once a box is set, the only way I know to change it is the above mentioned.)

vr8ce
10-04-2006, 01:48 AM
... In other words, I would like to be able to "tab 3" or "t 3" to change to that tab. It sure would save a lot of grabbing the mouse, clicking, and so forth.

I'm sure you can get several. I asked for this early on in the beta, and it's been asked for at least twice on this list since then that I remember. It gets lots of amens every time, but it's still not here, so apparently it's a longer coding exercise than you/we think. :)

Adelphos
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
...I asked for this early on in the beta..

I guess great minds think alike! :cool: