PDA

View Full Version : BiblePresenter: Do you need this?

Sigrid
05-07-2004, 08:35 AM
BiblePresenter is a small programm that allows you to project bible
verses e.g. in your community via a projector. It can load and present
multiple bible editions, as long as those are available in Zefania-XML
format. These bibles are not part of this distribution and they need
to be downloaded separately from the Zefania Sourceforge Homepage.

The BiblePresenter user interface can be configured to be German or
English. However, bibles of any language can be displayed!

http://www.rueth.info/software/biblepresenter/

Have fun!

Sigrid

kpurcell
05-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Many of the worship software packages that are available can do this quite easioly as well using recent translations. I have MediaShout 2.5 for this purpose.

That leads to another question. Do you believe verses should be displayed. If I am preaching on a passage (say Psalm 127 for Mother's Day) I will display the reference alone asking them to turn in their bibles to the passage. Then if I quickly quote a verse (I will be quoting a verse or two from Deut. 6 this Sunday) then and only then will I display the text so that the congregation can leave their bible open to the primary text while reading the secondary text from the screen.

What do you do and why?

Ulricus
05-09-2004, 02:09 PM
... everybody should present bible verses in his favorable way. In our congregation, bible verses are also seldom projected, but if yes, as the guy responsible for preparing the slides (we use Powerpoint for all other purposes) I wanted to reduce my preparation work by having a tool that could do this for me. And as I like programming, I just wrote one for myself, and why hide it?

Regards
Ulrich

kpurcell
05-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Are you (ulricus) the author of this program?

If so, although I choose to go another direction with this kind of thing, I want to say thanks for GIVING back to the community of Faith. I know that programmer who are also Christians need to make a living. I support that and I would not likely volunteer to preach at my church for no support. But those of you who do choose to do this because you can (independantly wealthy) or because it is a side project (like anyone who volunteers in the church) I commend salute you. Every hour you code for the kingdom will be blessed. And every hour you do it for free is even more commendable. God bless you and may you always be able to offer such a service to us.

Ulricus
05-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Are you (ulricus) the author of this program?
Dear Kevin,

yes, I am the author of the program. Thank you so much for your words, what you write is absolutely true. And I enjoyed it so much spending my free time for God!

Be blessed
Ulrich