PDA

View Full Version : BW 6 crashing

kpurcell
05-04-2004, 04:29 PM
I am running BW 6.0 on my Sager P4 2.4 ghz laptop. I have an external monitor hooked up and it seems that every time I use BW displayed on the external monitor it crashes while typing notes. All of this may be coincidental, but I do not notice it whne it is on the laptop display nor has it happened while using any other feature ... just while typing notes.

I have the latest release because I downloaded it today. I noticed this happening when I found out how to download the preview releases. Could this be a problem with them being in beta? If so, how do I revert to the latest non beta version?

Thanks

kpurcell
05-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I noticed that the most recent beta version of the executable says it fixed some issues with notes saving.

Hope this fixed the issue I am having.

Charlie
05-10-2004, 10:12 AM
...how do I revert to the latest non beta version?

Open the updater and then click Options>Show Downloaded Patches. Then you will see the release patch for the BibleWorks executable. You can then reapply this patch.

By the way, if you have selected the option "Save patch file after applying" clicking "Show downloaded patches" will display every patch you have ever applied. This means you might see many BibleWorks Executable patches. Each executable has a version number though, so you can quickly identify the most current executable.

Hope that helps.
Charlie