PDA

View Full Version : Version Display List Ordering?

John Parsons
09-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Shalom BibleWorks,

Is there a way to re-order the default version display list from alphanumeric to user-defined? I would like to have the Hebrew text appear at the top of the list, with some English translations displayed directly beneath it, but I can't find a means of re-ordering the default.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

- John

MGVH
09-11-2006, 05:24 PM
It will be easiest if you first display all the versions you want to use.
Then use Tools (from the File menu) > Options > Version Order tab.
From there you can move versions up and down as you please. Click on the "Show Active Only" button to just have the versions you displayed.

John Parsons
09-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Many thanks to you, professor Hoffman! :)

Glenn Weaver
09-12-2006, 09:20 AM
You can also create favorite version orders and change them on the fly. In the same Tools | Options | Version Order window, save your version order using the "Save to File" button. Name your saved version order using a short, easily-remembered name. Some names might be HebEng (for Hebrew at the top, with English below), or HebGrkEng, or Sermons (for your preferred sermon-study order), etc. Do not include any spaces in your file name.

Then, on the Command Line, simply type the letter 'o' followed by a space and the name of your version order file, and press Enter. For example, type "o HebEng" to change your version order.

For more info on creating version order and other favorites, see under "Favorites" in the BW Help file index.

Glenn

Michael Hanel
09-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I thought of this while bored in class today. Has anyone put together a Version Ordering that orders (and here I'm thinking only English translations) chronologically? We were doing some comparative KJV and NIV junk (not meant pejoratively, sorry) and I thought, hey wouldn't that be a good thing to do English translations in ascending or descending order chronologically so you can see where changes in English translation are happening. This probably would be a nice feature for people who are not esp. adept at the Greek and Hebrew stuff.

I don't have the 5 minutes it would take to do this, but does someone else? Just list the English versions chronologically and do an attachment to a post.

John Parsons
09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Excellent, Glenn! Todah!