PDA

View Full Version : BW7, BWHEBB, Unicode, and MSWord documents

rheller
09-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Dear Friends,

Thanks, Charlie, for your explanation of the helpful way that BW7 exports unicode Hebrew fonts. It works like a charm.

Here's my problem, however: I wrote a paper awhile ago in which I used the BWHEBB font throughout, sometimes copying from biblical passages, sometimes simply typing hypothetical forms. I want, however, to convert all those words typed in BWHEBB into a Unicode Hebrew font, preferably SBL Hebrew...but SPTiberian or SPEzra would be fine as well.

I can, of course, get my BW7 to export biblical passages from the text window to both the editor and to MSWord documents, as Charlie describes. Is there, however, a way that I can replace all those words in BWHEBB in my Word document with a Unicode Hebrew font? I've tried cutting and pasting from my document into the editor of BW7 and trying to change the font, but it doesn't seem to work. I could, of course, just go through and replace manually the words with exported Unicode text, but most of the cases are highly formatted and it would take a lot of work. Is there a way to do a universal change from BWHEBB to Unicode Hebrew in a MSWord document using BW7?

Thanks,

Roy L. Heller
Dallas

David Kummerow
09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Roy,

Have a look at this thread. Hopefully this will work for you.

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946&highlight=macro

Regards,
David Kummerow.

BTW, I like your book, HSS 55.

Charlie
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
See the section "Word 2003 Unicode Macros" in Chapter 46 of Online Help. The macros given in Chapter 46 use BibleWorks 7 to do the conversion.

The macros released in the forum posts above were before BibleWorks 7 was released were a temporary standalone solution that required running a separate program. That solution is obsolete and is no longer supported.

rheller
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks David and Charlie for your help. Charlie, I have read the chapter that you suggested. I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to working with macros. I'm not asking you to explain it all to me, but do you know where I can go online to explain how I incorporate and use the macros you pointed out in Chapter 46 in MSWord?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Roy L. Heller

Charlie
09-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Roy,

First open Chapter 46 and copy all of the blue text (exclude the black text comments and the dashed lines separating a few sections). The attached zip file here contains this text in the file named: "Convert BWfonts to Arial Unicode Macro.txt"

The other file contains the same text but with all of the Unicode font names ("Arial Unicode MS"; "Ezra SIL"; and "Arial") replaced with "Cardo." Cardo is a nice font that contains all of the Greek and Hebrew characters needed. You can get the Cardo font for free at this website (http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html).

Just paste the text from one of these text files into the Word Macro editor (see next post for details).

Charlie
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't have Word 2003 here, but in Word 2000 here is how you would do it. I would imagine the steps are nearly identical for Word 2003. I hope this helps.

rheller
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Charlie,

You are a prince, a scholar, and a gentleman! Thank you.

Roy L. Heller

szesnatholger
02-17-2007, 05:43 AM
I have little experience with macros, so that's probably where my problem stems from. I have followed the directions given to create

When trying to convert a test document with one English sentence in Times Roman font, followed by a line in Hebrew using BWhebb, the second macro throws up an error message:

runtime error 438

When I run the debugger, the editor highlights this line:

o.BwHebb2Unicode ucstr

Any suggestions as to what it is that I am doing wrong?