PDA

View Full Version : viewing data bases

WBryant
09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I am trilled by the databases in BW7. I am excited by the Addition of the Robertson Grammar! However the font size is so small. It is weary to read. Is it possible to increase the font of this and other data bases?? Is it possible to increase the line spacing too?

Could someone please help me??

Wray Bryant:confused:

ddyke
09-04-2006, 05:56 PM
At the top of your screen click the TOOLS menu, choose the OPTIONS submenu.

When the little window pops up choose fonts. On the left is a set of options with this title "Font Set to Edit." Initially the program lets you edit the size of the "Search Window Fonts" -- increase the size of your Greek and Hebrew fonts to at least 14.

Then click the option that says "Browse Window Fonts" and choose the same size. Close the Window and shut down the program. Restart the program. If the fonts are still too small then repeat the process until they are a readable size.

Dan

Michael Hanel
09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
At the top of your screen click the TOOLS menu, choose the OPTIONS submenu.

When the little window pops up choose fonts. On the left is a set of options with this title "Font Set to Edit." Initially the program lets you edit the size of the "Search Window Fonts" -- increase the size of your Greek and Hebrew fonts to at least 14.

Then click the option that says "Browse Window Fonts" and choose the same size. Close the Window and shut down the program. Restart the program. If the fonts are still too small then repeat the process until they are a readable size.

Dan

If I understand correctly, he also wants to know about the font sizes for the add-ons (HTML Help files). Changing these fonts within BibleWorks will not effect the databases if they are in the HTML Help format.

WBryant
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Michael
You do indeed understand my question!! I have no trouble changing fonts in the program, it is the ones in the html databases!! Is there a solution to my quiry????
thanks
wray

Charlie
09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
You can get around most locked in HTML font sizes by opening your "Internet Options" dialog (In your module click Options>Internet Options).

On the General tab of this dialog click Accessibility... in the lower right.

In the Accessibility dialog put a check in the box labeled "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages."

Now you can change the font size of any HTML doc by holding Ctrl down and spinning your mouse wheel up and down.

WBryant
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Charlie

Thank you this solves 90% of my problems!

While this solution works on Roman characters, in the Waltke O'Connor and Gesenius, I find that the Hebrew and Greek do not increase. I might be pushing my luck here, but is there way to to increase those fonts too.....
Thanks so much

Charlie
09-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Not that I know of. I'll submit it as a suggestion.