PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Version search problem

johnco
08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Recently, when I attempt to do a "Search on lemma" on the WTT, I get this message: "The following word or form cannot be found in the current search version." I used to be able to do such searches. What could be causing this problem? Some of the Hebrew lemmas occur many, many times in the WTT but the engine won't search for them.

John in Carolina

Mark Eddy
08-29-2006, 11:13 PM
How are you trying to "do" your lemma search? Are you typing a root on the command line? Or are you right clicking on a word and choosing "search on lemma" from the drop-down list? If you do the latter, you should have no problem. If you do the former, if your search version is WTT, you can't do lemma searches. You have to switch the search version to WTM, if you want to type a lemma on the command line.
Mark Eddy

johnco
08-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Mark,
I am "right clicking" on lemma search. I did not have this problem until recently. That 's why it is so puzzling.

John in Carolina

Charlie
08-30-2006, 12:34 PM
First make sure we are discussing the same version of BibleWorks before we dive into this. Get the BibleWorks Program Executable update and try again. You can get updates by clicking Help>BibleWorks on the Internet>Check for Updates.

If the exe update doesn't resolve the issue, try changing all of your settings back to the default (to see if it is a bug that only surfaces with certain settings). You can do this by deleting your BibleWorks INI file. Your INI file is in your BibleWorks folder and named bw700.ini.

First close BibleWorks and attach a copy of this file to an email, and then delete the original INI file. Then open BibleWorks and see if the problem is remedied. If that fixes the problem send the copy of your INI file to support@bibleworks.com along with a link to this thread.

If you don't see the INI file in your folder, you may have your system set to hide files. In Windows Explorer click Tools>Options (or folder options) and go to the View tab of the dialog that opens. At the view tab change your settings to show all files.