PDA

View Full Version : Printing Help

terogs
08-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I am trying to print the help on sentence diagramming, both the How to Diagram document by Randy Leedy and the BibleWorks help on the module itself, but I'm not getting any of the graphics to print. Instead I'm getting that litte X that prints as a place-holder for a gif file. None of the sample diagrams embedded in the how-to manual are printing. They show up fine on my screen but won't print.

What do I need to do to get these graphics to print?

Please help.

Tom Rogstad

Charlie
08-28-2006, 10:23 AM
The graphics print fine here. I would recommend checking with your printer manufacturer for an updated driver.

terogs
08-30-2006, 07:40 AM
I found that I can get the graphics to print if I do a Select All on the text in the document, then right click and print. As long as I remember to do that I'll be okay.

If I select the heading and try to print the heading and all subheadings none of the graphics are included. I doubt this is a printer problem since I get the same thing when I print to a PDF file using Adobe utilitles.

Charlie
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Can anyone else give this a try and let us know the results? Printing the graphics here works fine.

Eric
08-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I tried to print the same thing and got the same results: just X in the place holder where the graphic should be.

richardsugg
09-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Same thing for me. I tried printing to my laser printer and to Adobe PDF and both gave me an "X" instead of the graphic.

Charlie
09-05-2006, 02:55 PM
We've tried it here on three different printers and in each case the graphics print fine.

My first hunch for you all would be to reinstall your printer driver and/or make sure you have the correct driver installed for your printer. I would recommend using the printer troubleshooter though first, just incase it's something more obvious..

To do this click Start>Help and Support.
Then click Printing and Faxing.
Then click Fixing a Printing Problem.
Then click Printing Troubleshooter.

Eric
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks Charlie, I'll try this, but I have printed many, many, things on my laser printer and do not have any problems except with this application. In the end, it's not that big a deal because I can work around it by copying the information to Word and then print it.

Eric

richardsugg
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Same here. My Dell works fine, plus I tried printing the adobe pdf printer (Acrobat 6.0 Professional), with the same results.

I don't know how to replicate the problem for you, but I'd be glad to offer any information that would be helpful.

terogs
09-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Charlie, thanks for your help. I ran troubleshooting on my printer and checked the printer driver. There's nothing wrong with the printer. I've also tested printing other graphics-heavy compiled html help files in other applications. They are all working correctly. The problem is specific to BibleWorks's help files.

This is not urgent since we have a work around, but it is curious.

millenia05@earthlink.net
09-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Following is the URL for a little freeware program that will let you isolate any part of the screen or text and send it to the printer or as I do send it to my multiple clipboard and then to the printer.
I find this helpful in the Leedy Diagraming because as a rule there is more than on verse dealt with there and I may not want to print all of them.

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlCropper.html

JohnB aka millenia05

Charlie
09-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Can you print the graphics in the BibleWorks manual Section 9, The Button Bar?

What version of IE are you all running?
The Usenet archives indicate bugs in earlier version/patch levels of IE which caused CHM printing problems.

richardsugg
09-06-2006, 06:28 PM
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2

I was able to print Chapter 9 from the BW Help file.

Eric
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
If I print Chapt 9, the Button Bar, the graphics print fine.

If I print Chapt 26, the Diagramming Module, and I select "Print the selected topic" the graphics print fine.

If I print Chapt 26, the Diagramming Module, and I select, "Print the slected headings and all subtopics" the graphics do not print.

IE: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Charlie
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
...I've also tested printing other graphics-heavy compiled html help files in other applications. They are all working correctly.

Can you email us the HTML source for pages from the other CHM files you have that print properly (right-click on the page and select View Source)?

terogs
09-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I've just sent you a sample compiled html help file from a different application via email. The sample contains two types of graphics: a screen snapshot for the application and a schematic. It prints just as you would expect: by just highlighting the topic heading, right-clicking and selecting print.

Since this has now become more of a technical issue, I'll trade emails with you going forward rather than posting these exchanges on this forum.

Again, thanks for your help.

Tom Rogstad