PDA

View Full Version : Using User Notes

boeinguy2
08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Just interested in how others use these notes.

Has anyone found a creative way to use them for notetaking from commentaries and other resources? Do you add hyperlinks? What else do you do with them?

I am currently using Microsoft OneNote to organize notes. I can create pages for word studies, analysis of clauses, add articles from the web or other sources. It is a good way to organize information, but I would really rather integrate my notes into Bibleworks somehow.

Joe C. Hightower
Bibleworks 6 User

lamonte
08-25-2006, 06:23 AM
I am also using Microsoft OneNote

LaMonte

tcblack
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I use BW as my primary note taking engine.
Monday morning when I open BW I go to my text and begin making my translation word by word and documenting via parethesis (since there's no footnote function {yet?}). By Friday my blank verse note has grown to many
My translation is followed by word studies for relevant words in the text.
After that I compose concluding thoughts and begin incorporating quotations and references to many commentaries.

Throughout the document I will have relevant pictures or maps. I will include dozens of parenthetical citations and many hyperlinks to locations on the Web as well as many document stored on my computer.

By the time I'm done I run a report on the verse range I'm preaching on, and from that report I'll cut and paste into a more robust wordprocessor (OpenOffice.org (http://openoffice.org)) and start clarifying my points for my sermon.