PDA

View Full Version : Referencing BDAG from, for example, MS Word?

semstu
08-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Does Bibleworks have any command-line capabilities, such that I could create a hyperlink in an MS Word document that would execute a call to Bibleworks to create a popup window displaying the BDAG reference to a word (perhaps specifed by Goodrick-Kohlenberger's number)?

Michael Burer
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
On a similar note, I am interested in seeing this done with verse references. For example, I use PowerPoint frequently in the classroom. I'd like to have a hyperlink on a verse reference in a PowerPoint which calls up that verse in BW.

semstu
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Michael,

If you just want to be able to link to a Bible verse, and if it doesn't have to utilize Bibleworks software, and if you will have Internet access, you can use BibleGateway.

Just go to their site, enter the Bible reference you want, and then cut and paste the resulting link into your Word or PowerPoint document.

For example, here is the link for Matthew 15:31

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%2015:31;&version=31;

Michael Burer
09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the tip. I use BW very frequently in the classroom, though, so my goal would be able to do this with BW from various PowerPoints I use for teaching.

semstu
09-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the tip. I use BW very frequently in the classroom, though, so my goal would be able to do this with BW from various PowerPoints I use for teaching.

Your goal is quite understandable. It seems as though there should be a way for you to do what you want to do. I purchased N. Clayton Croy's e-version of his Greek primer, and when I am reading it I can move the cursor over the Bible references, and Bibleworks will display the text of that passage--not just in one version only, but in many translations and languages. It would be great if we were able to harness that same feature from within Word or Powerpoint.