PDA

View Full Version : ASE Sharing

frankenfro
05-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Is there a way we can create something to share/post our ASE queries? I would be very interested to see what others have come up with. Thanks.

Joe Fleener
05-03-2004, 07:23 PM
If you scroll down in the "Reply to Thread" window you will see an "Additional Options" scection.

In this section click on "Manage Attachments"

Browse to find you saved ASE file and load it.

Then "Submit Reply".

The one I have attached here is an example of a punctuation search...not complicated, but one to test that my above instructions actually work:)

frankenfro
05-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey thanks, Joe. Yup, your instructions work. I think i attached one likewise. There's more info on it if you select the display query info button w/in the ASE. I'm still learning to use the ASE so i'm sure there are shorter ways to do what i've done.

gcalton
05-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I am looking for any ASE queries that have been posted if you know how I can find these let me know how to find them.

chiefplt
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Check out an idea in this thread:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106

I envision a place where users can post ASE searches, diagrams, other versions and all sorts of stuff. If you're interested in participating, reply to that post. I'm hoping to maybe pull some people together in the next few weeks...

Joe Fleener
07-01-2004, 11:11 AM
This thread has not seen much action. I was hoping it would be a place that would generate some interest.

Maybe we can get some new comers to contribute something.

I have attached another two more.

1. Aorist tense finite verbs immediately preceeded by a present tense participle with no intervening punctuation. Also the present tense participle is not immediately preceeded by an article of the same case, gender, person and number.

2. Aorist tense finite verbs immediately followed by a present tense participle with no intervening punctuation. Also the present tense participle is not immediately preceeded by an article of the same case, gender, person and number.

These queries are being used to help investigate the temporal relationship between the Present Tense Participle and the Aorist Tense finite verb.

----

A very good idea. I modified my files to contain titles and descriptions.

onefear
07-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Although I know diagramming gives rise to some very individualized techniques, I would benefit greatly from seeing how some of you use the diagrammer. So many of the BW updates involve the diagrammer, many must be getting great use out of it. I am just starting to learn structural diagrams, for example, and would love to see some examples of the possibilities.

Clay

Joe Fleener
07-05-2004, 08:46 PM
I would agree, I too would like to see anything others have done with diagrams.

However, if someone is so inclined as to share some, post them to a new thread something like "Digram Sharing" or something.

Then we will have a place for Diagrams and ASE.

almather
07-06-2004, 07:33 AM
I am by far not an expert in Greek, but I enjoy studying the NT in this language and do thank God for what ability I have. I try to diagram the passage I am studying, but sometimes time prevents this from happening. I often wonder how my diagrams would measure up to those of a real knowledgeable Greek student.

However, I have put together a simple search in ASE which I use to give me a little more visual help as I think through the sentences and phrase and clauses. This highlights the verbs, and some nomitives and accusitives. I limit the search to just the verse(s) I am doing a diagram on.

Al

frankenfro
07-07-2004, 12:29 PM
This query locates all occurances in BNM where Ihsous or Cristos or pneuma or Qeos is preceded by a preposition and highlights the word immediately following. (Prep Name Word).

Also, for future ASE postings, could you put a description in the Query Property Box of the ASE? It's the wrench icon to the right of the save icon. I've created a folder on my hard drive called "BW Forum ASE" and i like to have a more detailed description of the ASE. Thanks for the postings. Let's keep 'em coming.