PDA

View Full Version : Zone Alarm and Bibleworks

kpurcell
08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I came here because Zone Alarm is telling me that BW7 is needing to log my keystrokes and web profile. Why would it need to do this? I denied access temporarily and all seems to be working. But why is it doing this when I'm not even trying to update anything right now. I just started up.

MBushell
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Kevin,

BibleWorks doesn't log keystrokes. Virus and intrusion detection software is not foolproof and sometimes generates false hits. Still, you should run a good virus and malware detection program just to be sure. We do check distributed software for viruses before sending it our.

FWIW when I post updates I sometimes get a spurious warning from Norton Anti-Virus. This sort of thing is why most such apps have a mechanism to exclude particular programs from warnings. You might want to consider that. If you continue to have problems contact support@bibleworks.com.

Mike

Michael Hanel
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I came here because Zone Alarm is telling me that BW7 is needing to log my keystrokes and web profile. Why would it need to do this? I denied access temporarily and all seems to be working. But why is it doing this when I'm not even trying to update anything right now. I just started up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have more annoyances with anti-virus, anti-spyware programs than I do with the viruses and spyware themselves..... Granted the answer to this is not to stop having anti-virus programs, I just wanted to voice my annoyance again ;)